2002 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab 4WD TRD Offroad Step V6 from North America
The best compact 4WD truck on the market
The only problem I have had to date has been an annoying click sound when depressing the clutch petal.
This truck, so far, has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.
It has a very comfortable interior with excellent lumbar support in the drivers seat.
The very functional and stylish step side bed now offered on this truck is about 8" narrower than the standard fleet side bed.
I have taken this truck off road several time and it has performed perfectly each time.
If you're looking for a great looking, reliable and functional 4WD this is the truck for you.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 6th November, 2002
6th Nov 2002, 19:20
I agree, the Tacoma is a great truck. I own a 2003 Tacoma opted for the 260 hp Trd supercharged package. It's a great buy, and I wish you good luck with yours!
5th Feb 2003, 00:40
I have a 2002 tacoma trd and boy does it have problems.
• Transmission - Gears Jumping from first to second and second to third
• Suspension – Noise coming from front suspension when going over bumps
• Shocks- front dips when braking, hard banging when going over bumps, Body ½” lower on drivers side
• Dashboard – Rattling sound
• Seat – noise when moving up and down
• Body – Scratches after two day service, missing mud flap
• Springs- Rear leaf springs bent backwards
• Mileage- average 12 miles to gallon.