2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 3.4L V6 from North America

Summary:

I fixed the dash rattle! Great Truck

Squeaky dashboard... I fixed this with a small post it note pad placed in between the dash and the windshield. Cheap and simple.

General Comments:

Great off road. The only time I almost got stuck (I had water up to my door) The locking differential got me out. Really takes abuse well. Gas mileage is not great. 4dr is enough room for me, wife and child. Narrow body is good for hunting trails. Low gears are amazing! Gas tank should be bigger (but I think you can order a duel tank). Plenty of power, even when under load. High ground clearance. I like the ECT PWR button, but use it seldom. Sound system is good.

Review Date: 4th April, 2006

2003 Toyota Tacoma X Cab 4X4 4 cylinder 2.7L from North America

Summary:

Very reliable, but flawed

Cheap, annoyingly squeaky dashboard.

Some engine fittings already prematurely rusted.

Recalled for lower ball joints.

General Comments:

Bought my first "new" vehicle after several used Toyotas. Seems this Fremont assembled not as quality fitted as previous Japanese assembled Toyotas I've owned.

Power train, suspension, paint finish though are all quality manufactured.

Still great value for money.

Review Date: 13th March, 2006

2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 PreRunner Extra Cab 3.4L V6 from North America

Summary:

Great Pick-up Truck

Power Steering Pump unit leaks small amount of fluid at approximately 30,000 miles. Didn't catch it until recently. Service tech says he's seen it before on this model and has changed several units out.

Parts are $300 and labor $200.

General Comments:

Good truck so far. Lots of power and is pretty quick. Not the most comfortable for long trips.

Review Date: 26th January, 2006

2003 Toyota Tacoma XTra Cab SR5 4x4 2.7L 4-cylinder from North America

Summary:

Great, reliable truck with superb mechanics, but has an uncomfortable, problematic interior

Everything that has gone wrong with my truck has been superficial.

The moulding around my drivers side reclining handle is split and keeps splitting even after several dealer replacements.

The dashboard rattles annoyingly.

The tabs for the cup holders are completely destroyed.

Passenger side floor mat continuously bunches up.

General Comments:

Reliable as sin. I have done nothing to this vehicle except change all the fluids at the specified intervals and she runs like a champ. The big 4 cylinder engine is moderately underpowered, but gets me where I need to go and will haul tons of weight. The clutch on this thing sucks and can be a pain to learn, however it has not gone out. The windshield on my truck is thoroughly pitted, even though I installed a bug guard in the first 5k miles. The seats are uncomfortable as sin on any trip over 100 miles. I am 6 foot tall and 235 lbs and the interior could use a little more room (thanks Toyota, 2 years too late). But overall I cannot complain, and as of now, it looks like this puppy will run forever. The 20 mpg TOPS hurts the wallet a little bit, but is better than most trucks. Get the newer mid size model.

Review Date: 28th December, 2005

2003 Toyota Tacoma V6 from North America

Summary:

The best vehicle I've ever owned!!

There is a small triangle panel on the drivers side door that comes lose sometimes. I just push it back in good as new with my hand.

General Comments:

This truck has a sensitive gas pedal, I personally never noticed it, but I had several friends tell me that it did. I love the truck and the sensitivity of the gas pedal. It takes off quick and is a fun vehicle to drive.

I have two children that fit comfortably with their car seats in the back (four door model).

The bed of the truck is shallow and small.

A new buyer should purchase a bug deflector right away to keep rocks from chipping the paint on the hood.

Review Date: 22nd October, 2005

2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Unacceptable level of annoying rattles, we're very disappointed in our 4th and last Toyota

The dashboard rattles in several places.

The seatbelt connection or the arm that holds the female end of the connection clicks with every bump or curve in the road. We have had both parts (the seatbelt and the separate connection part) replaced and this has not remedied the problem.

General Comments:

Uncomfortable on long trips.

Poor gas mileage. 20 mpg at best.

Nice power in the V6 model.

Review Date: 2nd June, 2005

7th Oct 2006, 20:10

The Tacoma has such poorly designed suspension that rattles everywhere are unavoidable. They literally just shake themselves (AND their occupants) to pieces. Sorry you did not get wise and buy an American built truck sooner. They are far more comfortable, more reliable and a far better value in the long run. People are finally waking up to the realization that all the ad hype is just that: HYPE.