2003 Toyota Tundra Base Regular Cab 3.4L V6 from North America
Good reliable pickup truck
* Windshield wiper motor started to slow down and eventually stopped. Had it replaced.
* Air conditioner compressor squeals infrequently when the A/C is turned on. It doesn't happen often enough to get it repaired. A/C is used often in summer due to living in the Mojave Desert.
* This Tundra has been a reliable pickup. Nice to have a full size bed (4' x 8') to haul stuff with.
* I added a trailer hitch to the back and pulled a full size trailer without any problems.
* Had difficulty replacing the engine timing belt because there is no tool you can purchase to prevent the engine from rotating when you try to remove the harmonic dampener bolt that screws into the crank shaft. Turns out you have to get a steel bar and cut it to size and bolt it together. Basically make your own tool said the mechanic at the dealer. Once that was done, no problem. Changed at 100k miles.
* Even with smaller V-6 engine, gas mileage is not all that great. My guess is 15-20 MPG, but just a guess. Engine still has a lot of pull.
* No carpet in the cab. Easy to wipe down the floor. Cab has little room behind the bench seat, but you can put some tools back there. No room for passengers.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 31st October, 2015