2004 Toyota VIOS G type 1.5 petrol from Indonesia

Summary:

The most reliable and economical car

Nothing has gone wrong with my Toyota. Since it was used as a taxi, the feel is different from if you are seated in a car you bought brand new.

General Comments:

The car is very quick, but very economical. I can hardly believe that the small car is very powerful in terms of speed, although it uses a very small amount of gas.

I don't need a comfortable car, since I am living in a busy capital city where I need a very reliable car. It has to be tough, considering the long hours of traffic jams that I have to endure almost everyday. But the car is still running well with reasonably cold air conditioning.

What I have to do is just check the oil and the water radiator once every three days. The car never let me down in the extremely hot days or in heavy rainy days. I also can easily park the car in a crowded parking lots.

Review Date: 29th October, 2011

19th May 2014, 04:49

I own a Toyota Vios G. I wonder if anyone can advise me as to what type of bodykit/car accessories I can add on to my existing car to make it look more beautiful/sporty, but at minimal costs? I can use after market accessories to cut costs.

Thank you.

2004 Toyota VIOS 15.E VVT-i from Singapore

Summary:

Wonderful

The trunk sounds too light when it is being closed.

General Comments:

It is a very nice car, the design is good, and the torque and the cornering are excellent. It is very fuel efficient.

However, there needs to be a little more space in the rear seats.

Review Date: 5th March, 2009

2004 Toyota VIOS E 1.3 petrol from Sri Lanka

Summary:

The car is superb..

The fuel (petrol / auto) consumption is not very economic. 7-8 km/liter.

General Comments:

I don't have any other bad comments than the fuel consumption matter.

Review Date: 27th May, 2008

2004 Toyota VIOS E 1.5 petrol from Brunei

Summary:

The "almost perfect" car!

1) Noise from outside especially from the metal above the tyres, almost no insulation, can hear the stones or water hitting it.

2) Bonnet sounds like "thin metal", not solid when closing.

3) Water from under the dashboard, maybe air conditioning water.

4) Not suitable for very long driving, seats not ergonomic, but town driving is OK.

General Comments:

If all the faults were gone, it would be the "almost perfect" car! It's zippy, fast and modern looking...

Review Date: 29th June, 2006

28th Oct 2006, 22:52

Mine is okay, although the mileage it has clocked is 100,000 km in 2 years. My model is 1.5J Automatic and has had no problem since then. By the way, don't service your car at NBT, as a garage workshop will do it better.

2004 Toyota VIOS 1.5 from Singapore

Summary:

An excellent family economical car

Nothing has gone wrong so far.

General Comments:

This car makes you feel light (light on your budget I mean), nimble and pack with power when driving on the road.

Its compact size makes driving, U-turning and parking a whole lot easier and relaxing.

The boot size is huge, and rear passenger space is good enough to fetch 3 normal sized adults (or 2 adults and 1 baby carseat).

An excellent choice for a family of 4 who wants the convenient of a problem-free car at a minimum costs.

Aircon is really strong. Very cooling inside.

The 1.5 VVTI engine is really powerful and yet fuel saving.

This car has met all my need as a family man.

But please note that its ride stability, sound insulation and spaciousness cannot match with the more expensive cars, of course, and cannot match with some similar priced cars from other brands (but I only trust Toyota). Nonetheless, I am not at all bothered by these slight downsides of this car.

So far no regret after 1.5years of owning this car.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2006

2004 Toyota VIOS 1.5G from Malaysia

Summary:

Good for small family

My car trunk has given a problem despite that I complaint to the service dealer to fix it. My problem is that using lever to open the trunk door which I may find it hard to close. Using car key or remote control does not give me any problem.

General Comments:

The running cost is pretty low compare to my earlier Proton car. I will consider to buy Toyota from UMW Toyota if they can improve their customer complaints system.

Their service dealer always trys to point finger to other irrelevant problems such as car design or how I open my trunk using lever.

Review Date: 1st December, 2005