Very reliable, but built cheaply
1) Water pump failed at 62,000 miles.
2) Transmission acts strange in mornings for the first few miles.
3) Clear coat is peeling off all over the car and Toyota will do nothing about it; every Yaris hatchback I see has this issue.
4) The little car scratches easily.
5) Some vibration from the front of the exhaust.
6) Takes A/C a while to cool the car, and there is nothing wrong with the A/C system.
Besides the water pump failing and the clear coat peeling off, the car has been wonderful. I can fill it up and go for two or three weeks without getting gas; at times I can top over 40 MPG.
I have the base model, but it's got every option available for the car, including the alloy wheels and fog lights.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th June, 2014