2011 Toyota Yaris Terra Sport from UK and Ireland - Comments

4th Jul 2012, 20:56

My cousin has one (here in the US). Sucky car. Very bad interior, and no power even with the accelerator to the floor. Very disappointing, Toyota!!

5th Jul 2012, 16:52

I just did an engine swap in an 08 model, due to a massive oil leak from the timing cover.

6th Jul 2012, 16:33

I definitely would not buy any new Japanese car. The quality is awful. Just look at Toyota. It is the most recalled car ever built. And Honda owners on here discuss early transmission failures a lot.

I don't agree, however, with the commenter who says to hang on to older Japanese cars. Our 80's Japanese cars (both built in Japan) fell apart before 100,000 miles. Neither of them was as reliable or as well-built as our very worst domestic.

12th Jul 2012, 13:49

The squeak you hear at low speeds could be your bushings. Make sure someone has them checked.

As for keeping the older Japanese cars, I fully agree! I own a 1992 Accord with 322,000km that is absolutely perfect! I used to have a 1995 Accord (but someone hit me and wrote it off) with 407,000km, and this one was also perfect!

I now have a 2002 Accord, and so far I must say that this car is perfect as well. But I would not buy anything 2010 and higher!

27th May 2013, 22:49

The first gen Yaris was weird looking, but despite its limits, it's a very well designed vehicle.

The second generation did look better, was more stable on the road, but boy it's a mess of a design: bad seats hurt my back on any drive longer than 10 minutes, there's a bad distance between the steering, pedals and seat, and the horribly calibrated suspension made the car feel like it was soulless.

2nd Jun 2013, 23:24

Small Toyota's have a light-duty suspension.

19th Sep 2013, 18:11

"The car feels like it's pulling to the left at high speed. The dealer assured me this is normal due to the light electronic power steering."

Oh God, you should have answered right in his face: Why are you lying?

Normally that's from out of specs wheel alignment.

19th Sep 2013, 18:13

"The chassis feels weak, and car wobbles when you hit an uneven surface at speed."

That's because the car has very cheap shock absorbers. The only thing that could help is to use larger and better quality tires than the original ones.

If the steering feels too light at higher speeds, it could be both because of cheap tires and bad wheel alignment.

Add another comment