2000 Vauxhall Omega Reviews - Page 2 of 4

2000 Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0L from UK and Ireland

Model year2000
Engine and transmission 3.0L Automatic
Previous carFord Mondeo

Summary:

I will not be letting it go. Steady, safe and good all rounder

Tyre shredded last week at 70 miles an hour - not much fun in the middle lane.

Rear blind has malfunctioned, needs repairing as a metal arm has snapped.

Also the front driver's seat electric motor pushing the seat backward and forward is jammed, but I cannot see anything needs fixing.

Rear offside tail light takes in water and went mouldy, but I cleaned and resealed the edging, and tightened the bolts to seal.

For some reason, my steering wheel is not centralised with the wheels constantly on a small unnatural left, with the power steering willing it to go, so had to get this sorted quick.

General Comments:

Good mileage eater.

Plenty of comfort and lots of room for the big man, has all the gadgets and looks good for a 6 year old car (styling), not flashy, but threatening.

Fast acceleration even as an auto, with a sport button on the box.

Traffic master as standard, and an onboard computer to see what your doing wrong on fuel economy.

Book consumption totally out, at 70mph I get 35-38 every time. At 55 mph I get over 40 mpg.

Wheels were slightly scuffed when bought, but pretty hardy.

Tyres don't wear that good, but you have to keep on top of them to ensure you get your money's worth.

Review Date: 7th July, 2006

2000 Vauxhall Omega Elite 2.5 from UK and Ireland

Model year2000
Previous carBMW 5 Series

Summary:

Seriously good value for money

Slight wobble on Braking at over 50mph. A slight wobble if braking hard at 20-30mph.

Central locking temper-mental, but could be my fault as I keep turning the key the wrong way.

Lights flashing when I get in, but stop key turned in ignition.

Brake pad warning light comes on, even though I had all pads changed for new mot this week.

Ticking noise started in the last week. Garage reckon they can fix for under £150.

Mine is a 'w' reg 2.5 Elite, I traded my 1996 BMW 520 tourer + £200 cash. BARGAIN!!

General Comments:

Car is the most comfortable I have driven, love the deep growl as you pull away.

Way better than the 520 tourer I had before, maybe not as responsive, but a much better ride.

Review Date: 4th June, 2006

9th Oct 2008, 13:33

"temper-mental" LOL - sounds like my ex girlfriend!

2000 Vauxhall Omega MV6 Estate 3.0 V6 24v 210bhp from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 24v 210bhp Manual
Previous carFiat Tipo

Summary:

Big, heavy, solid, powerful, comfy, bold!

The engine management light flashes now and again, usually after a long vigorous drive, but having said that there never seems to be a problem with the car at the time.

The front mud flaps are very low, and scrap on the road sometimes when traveling fast.

The interior door handle seems to scratch very easily.

The gear change can sometimes feel a little stiff, and clumsy.

That's it. Not bad really is it.

General Comments:

I am only 26, but I find the Omega estate to be fun, and very quick to drive.

I think people think they are made for older people in mind, but I disagree.

Lets face it, how many old people do you see driving sports cars nowadays? Loads!

If you drive the Omega normally I think the petrol consumption is very good, but who cares about that.

Id recommend the Omega MV6 Estate to anyone my age or older, who likes Estate cars, and likes to be different.

Review Date: 21st March, 2006

2000 Vauxhall Omega CDX 2.2 16v petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 2.2 16v petrol Automatic
Previous carVauxhall Omega

Summary:

Armchair luxury on the road

One petty little item which if undiagnosed can cause great expense to the unknowing Driver... The Mass Air Flow Sensor. When this fault occurs and you have a little yellow illuminated EMS light on your dashboard be careful. The Automatic Gearbox warning will come up and your fuel economy will go down. If you trust the Dealer, you will find yourself funding a new Throttle Body Housing before they tell you about the MAF sensor. A cool £400 on the way to your final £250 for the original sensor. This has only happened once, but after previous ownership of the Sensor hungry Omega I got to know which Salvage Companies to talk to.

The steering on the Omega is fantastic when you have new Tyres, balanced and fitted. If you get the dreaded wheel shudder somewhere between 40 and 60 miles an hour, get your Tracking checked. I had the Dealer, two independant Tyre Garages all throw the towel in to try and deduce the problem, but after 3 sets of discs, previous new tyres, Lower suspension arm replacement it was a relief to watch a 3rd Tyre Dealer swap the front tyres to back and solve the problem!

General Comments:

This is my 10th Vauxhall, the last two being Omegas. This CDX model is by far the best I have ever owned. No-one I know can understand that although I seem to pour money into it, most of this is due to Main Dealer misguidance. I have found the "Man" with the Vauxhall computer and he can tell me anything I need to know about the Car if there is a problem.

I will be changing this Car this Year. I doubt that I will be able to get another vehicle at the amazing price this one was. £8.5k at 2 years old with 30k on the clock. BARGAIN.

Review Date: 2nd August, 2004