2006 Vauxhall Vectra CDTI Elite Estate from UK and Ireland - Comments

9th Aug 2012, 12:42

I have had my Vectra (3.0 V6 CDTi Elite Estate) for 3 years now. It has done me proud (considering it is GM).

The problems you guys have been having with your engines, which engines are they? I have the Isuzu twin cam 24 valve V6 engine in mine. The same engine as in the Isuzu pickup truck. I know Vauxhall have their own 3.0 V6 engine in some, and there is a rare quad cam engine too. Do we know which engines are having the problems?

Mines now done 93K; just under 20K with me. I've only had to change one suspension spring and upgrade my brakes (personal choice). I am however thinking of getting it chipped. Does anyone know of a good chip that isn't too expensive?

24th Dec 2012, 07:37

I have had 2 Vectra Elite V6 CDTi 3.0. It's a great long distance traveller. But the vibration problems happened on both. My 2006 car did nearly 40k miles before it broke all EGR valves and the fuel pump was replaced under warranty. This solved the problem due to a change of job. I sold the car at 45K. My second car, a 2008, had the same problem at only 20k miles. Same fix as I looked into the cost of the repair if needed again. It became apparent that the cost of the next fault would probably more costly than the value of the car.

P.S. The second one also had the auto box fail.

Great car, shame about the costly problems.

24th Feb 2013, 05:15

I also have the same Vectra as you. Did you end up getting a remap or a tuning box? Thinking about getting a tuning box for mine.

24th Mar 2013, 11:53

Hi, I have an unusual problem with my 3.0 CDTi.

It's all good mainly, however MPG has decreased from 44 around town to about 30. I know the cold might be affecting it a little, but it's developed a weird characteristic.

My fuel computer is normally quite accurate, and even from cold slowly shows fuel economy increasing, but as soon as my temp hits 80 degrees, the fuel computer starts to show MPG decreasing down to mid 20's, which is a near true reflection of MPG!

Performance is the same, nothing feels different, no smoke etc!

Once it's warm, if I turn off the ignition, then restart it, consumption then starts to improve again. It's as though the ECU has reset something?

I plugged in my obd reader and there are no faults showing??

Anyone got any ideas?

1st Apr 2013, 02:01

The Vectra V6 CDTi is the worst car I have owned.

21st Apr 2013, 13:33

I was just wondering if you had the swirl valves done, as I've got an 06 plate with the same problems. Just ordered a pipe at cost of 100 pounds.

Thanks, Craig.

7th Aug 2013, 17:17

I had same problem with 2006 Exclusive CDTi Vectra 1.9 (150). It was losing power under 2500 revs and I changed the vent flap pump for just below 600 pounds. I've heard of lots of other people with the same problems too. Be aware if you purchase an old Vectra. Take care.

3rd Jan 2014, 14:20

I had a 3.0l Vectra Elite Diesel Automatic on an 53 plate.

As far as the engine was concerned, I had no problems.

I had problems with other items such as the wipers packing up when the car was 3 years old, and front springs breaking.

There was one thing I didn't like about the engine, and it was a sort of rattling sound on the back of the engine, which we think was the alternator.

Other 3.0L diesels that I have heard have the same sound; for this reason I sold car after about 6 years of use.

26th Jan 2014, 09:44

Thank for your help, I took my Signum 3.0 CDTi to my local garage, they plugged it into the machine, and it said swirl flap/valve stuck open. Also DPF flagged up. He told me I am looking at about £800+. I thought there may be a cheaper solution, so did a search, and thanks to you I have found the problem, it was the intercooler top hose split. I have replaced it now for £36 for an after market hose. I then returned to the garage to have the car plugged in again and reset, job done. What a result, I was thinking about selling the car at a loss, as I could not afford to spend £1000 on repairs.

Many thanks for all your help, I cannot thank you enough.

Best regards John from Manchester.

Add another comment