2000 Volkswagen Beetle from North America
I have had too many electrical problems with this car! I am at the point where I want to sell it, and just get something that will not break every other day. Many of my problems are the same as what I have been reading:
1) Window switches have broken off, now I cannot even open my window.
2) The light went out on the middle section of my controls... so at night I can no longer see what I'm setting the settings to.
3) Something is wrong with my locks. I press lock, and the car beeps telling me it is locked when in fact it's NOT. Along with this problem, the alarm goes off because the locks are messed up at random times.
4) Headlights are always blowing. Approx. at least once a month.
5) The newest problem: The car is STUCK in park and I got stuck at a gas station in Park, because the switch was apparently bad or malfunctioning. It would help if I could actually drive the car!
I was so excited when I got my new bug, now I just want it off my hands... I will probably end up selling it for less than its worth just to get it away from me! =(
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 21st September, 2008