2001 Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 from North America
Volks name overrated
- Engine is using to much oil. Have to add at liter after each 5000 KM. Dealer said it is normal...
- Children lock was defective, repaired by dealer under warranty.
- Headlight burns after 2 years.
- Light goes off on dashboard once in a while.
- Rear Lite burned.
- Drivers door needed to be re-fitted after 5000K (fixed by dealer).
- Car is using to much gas. I am now in the 450KM-475KM range on full tank when I should at least getting 500KM. Driving habits maybe, but I was right on the spot with my Subaru.
- Stiff transmission. Request dealer to look into it. Says it is normal...
- Premature wear of rear breaks. Changed by dealer on last warrantied service.
- CD player popped out of its casing. Fixed by dealer.
- Temp gage died, replace by dealer under warranty.
Poor, would not recommend car for that price. Car cost me 25K Canadian tax in.
This is a full equip model with heating seats, electrical windows and...
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 9th January, 2004
22nd Aug 2006, 12:08
Just for the fun of it this is 3 years later and I still own the thing. I am right now at 90000 KM.
Engine light on dashboard would go on once in while. Unexpectedly. Multiple headlight burned out. The passenger door was so misfitted that it bend a bit at the hinge (after warranty of course). Dealer could not do anything (of course).
The lights in the last panel on middle dashboard went off. Had to repair it. Engine still burns oil, every 5000 km I need to add some more. And of course brakes redone even after the premature wear. some plastic parts within the car are actually breaking off.