2002 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews - Page 55 of 81

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission V6 Manual
Previous carAcura Integra

Summary:

Very cute car. Great car, great buy

Nothing has gone wrong with the car so far.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is very cute, has a nice interior, handles great, is zippy, and overall was a great buy. It was worth every cent that I payed for it. Great car, great price, great engine, I do not know what everyone else is talking about.

Review Date: 14th December, 2004

15th Dec 2004, 08:05

I'm with you. I'm not so sure all of those negative reviews are legit. I think people with problems tend to be more vocal, however I don't believe at least half of what I read in all of those negative reviews.

Enjoy your Jetta!

4th Jan 2005, 04:10

I've had my vr6 for two months now and love everything about it. I don't see how all those people are hating on such a great car.

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon 2.0 liter, AZG from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 liter, AZG Automatic
Distance when acquired19500 miles
Previous carChrysler LeBaron

Summary:

We like it fine so far

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

Car handles remarkably well for a small car. Disk brakes all around are impressive.

Review Date: 21st October, 2004

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T from North America

Engine and transmission 1.8T Manual
Previous carFord Ford Explorer

Summary:

Excellent handling, Excellent Interior, Fast!

I had to have the ignition coils replaced, as did many of the reviewers on this site.

My biggest annoyance with this car (and it's not that big of a deal) is the "dials" that you must turn in order to adjust the back-rest on the seat. You have to crank on these big dials that are very hard to turn and one turn hardly moves the seat at all. It is a pain in the butt to adjust your seating position. In fact, if you have to share the car with a much smaller or larger person, plan on spending a full minute getting the seat where you want it to be.

General Comments:

Overall, I have loved this car. I have the sport package with the cool-looking 17 in. wheels. This car corners unbelievable well.

Also, the stick-shift works well with the turbo. I can smoke people from a dead start, but the engine really shines at highway speeds. Very often I downshift and go by people like they're standing still. I feel like I can place the car exactly where I want to be on the highway and I save a lot of time that way, especially in heavy traffic.

The interior is also top-notch (except for the seat dials). I have the leather, sunroof, etc. I feel like it's a BMW. The Monsoon stereo is decent, but I wouldn't rave about it like others here have. I believe it has way too much treble sound and not much base at all, and I am not the type who likes to listen to booming base, I just find the Monsoon slightly week in this area.

Overall, I have loved this car, only problem was with the coils and that problem was an easy fix. I would recommend the Jetta to anyone.

Review Date: 1st September, 2004

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.9 TDI from North America

Engine and transmission 1.9 TDI Manual
Previous carPontiac Tempest

Summary:

Great value, great performance, great car!

First off, when I got the car brand new the light in the glove box wouldn't come on. I took it to the dealer, they supposedly fixed it. Now, when I drive at night even with the glove box closed, the light is still on. Took it back to the dealer and they finally changed the trigger.

The passenger seat: it is somehow loose. When I take off or brake, and there is a passenger sitting, I hear this "pug" noise.

25000 maintenance: the dealer told me there is something wrong with the timing belt or something around that (don't quite remember, why bother, it was under warranty. It still is.

I had the emergency brake cable replaced. I asked the dealer to tighten it and they replaced it (under warranty).

General Comments:

In general, I am quite happy with the car. Although, I should've taken the A/C and power windows and mirrors. Maybe, the alloy wheels too :). Back then I thought a basic GL will do just fine.

Review Date: 31st August, 2004