2002 Volkswagen Jetta GL from North America
This Jetta should have been painted yellow
• Harsh down shift from 2 to 1...computer needed to be flashed after I had the car only 5 days.
• Gas cap repaired due to leak. (caused MIL indicator to come on)
• Leak down pump replaced due to broken seal (caused MIL indicator to come on)
• Transmission replaced June 2003 due to leaking seal which caused dropping oil pressure. Warning sign was harsh up shift from 2nd to 3rd gear.
• Transmission replaced again in Sept. 2003 due to leaking seal which caused oil to mix with coolant. Warning sign was again harsh up shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. This harsh shifting began 2 days after the transmission was replaced the first time.
• Front passenger window rattles.
• Car creaks when going over speed bumps, etc.
• Plastic coating around radio is peeling off.
Do not buy a newer Volkswagen! My 2002 Jetta is a lemon.
Our local VW dealers and VW Canada have been less than empathetic or helpful. We are wanting to meet with the VW "rep" who can offer a buy back. Hmmm... always an excuse as to why he can't meet with us...what's he busy doing... meeting with countless other dissatisfied Jetta owners?
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 17th October, 2003