REPORT your VW defect!
This car is plagued with problems. Whatever you do... DO NOT PURCHASE! My personal experience with this car is unfortunately replayed over and over again, by others that have purchased a Jetta. My 2002 1.8T Jetta is a disaster, to sum it up. Faulty, faulty and a hunk of metal held together by rubber bands! Just a mere sampling of what has taken place since date of NEW purchase. Please understand, these issues will happen to ALL Jettas, as they all roll off the SAME assembly line, glued together with the SAME products.
* Ignition coils... FAILED twice (recognized problem by VW, but will ONLY REPLACE once your car dies!)
* Radio wiring... FAILED twice.
* Windows... Fall into the door (recognized problem by VW, but will ONLY REPLACE once you lose your windows!)
* Car SURGES automatically... Issue stated by many, but not recognized by VW as a problem. The car literally will not stop once you brake, and once you do stop, is revved up and STILL tries to take off. Maybe this justifies the need to replace the brakes!
* Door/window seals... FAILED since day of ownership! This is also a problem NOT recognized by VW. Moisture enters the car and destroys it!
* Peeling interior... FAILED. The coating put on ALL "plastic" type material on interior of car (door handles, console, buttons) literally blister and peels away. Your car looks 10 years old instantly. KNOWN PROBLEM and recognized by VW... ONLY if your car is under warranty.
This is just a small list of the issues that I currently have wrong with this 1.5 year old car.
Please report any/all issues that you may have with your Jetta. VW is far from consumer friendly, and their sales are showing this. Many buyers will NEVER purchase a VW again, just do your research, as there are plenty of facts stated by consumers of this faulty product. They might look like a good car for the $$, but you could lose a lot more than $$ with the defects in these cars.
REPORT YOUR DEFECTS - YOU can make a difference and protect others!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 12th July, 2003