2010 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 turbo from North America

Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen Jetta

Summary:

New VWs are JUNK!

Vehicle had 2 body panels repainted at the factory due to a paint defect. The panels do not match the rest of the car.

Engine noise began at 5k miles.

General Comments:

The car handles well and is pretty quick. Although VW does not have very good quality compared to other manufacturers.

Review Date: 8th December, 2011

24th Feb 2012, 07:06

If by new, you mean built since the 80's, then you're right. I've owned them for 20+ years, and they never seem to learn. Never again.

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SEL from North America

Year of manufacture2009
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

I love my Jetta!

Nothing.

General Comments:

I love my Jetta! It feels sporty, classy, and sophisticated. It has the most bang for your buck. When I'm driving my Jetta, I feel like I've met my early goals in life by earning this car, yet I didn't have to spend big bucks on it. I am proud to own my Jetta.

Additionally, I have a bad back, and after a long day at the hospital on my feet, there is nothing better than getting in my car and sinking into the seat and turning on the biscuit warmer (heated seats). Relaxing before I even walk into the front door.

I listen to the radio over my phone through Bluetooth in the speakers in the car; no commercials.

Passing people, or getting out into traffic is easy, and the way the engine sounds is amazing. I think I pass people just to hear the engine.

Review Date: 6th June, 2011

6th Jun 2011, 17:57

Don't worry. You'll get over it when reality sets in.

8th Jun 2011, 01:54

Well, the reviewer's already done 32,000 miles over a year with nothing going wrong. Hopefully it lasts. VW's spotty reliability record means breakdowns (and major ones) are likely; for this reviewer and everyone else; hopefully not inevitable.

To the original reviewer - keep us updated periodically.

15th Jul 2011, 13:50

It's anecdotal, but I've known far more people who are pleased with their Volkswagens than not. In the event that your VW does turn into a lemon, note that it still has higher than average resale value, so you can get rid of it with less financial strain.

17th Oct 2011, 20:53

6th Jun 2011, 17:57: I really don't see where you're getting at. There seems to be some kind of obsession about VW unreliability. I have 2 VWs (2008 Rabbit at 20K miles and 2009 TDI Jetta at 70K miles) and there's really no issue worth speaking about on either cars. I'm not saying your VW won't ever have issues. All cars are an assembly of thousands of parts, and may have quality issues. But most cars are better built nowadays, and unreliability is seldom a major issue.

My friend had a 2003 Toyota Rav4 with 90K miles, and sold it because of transmission defect. So what! One thing for sure, my 2 VWs are real fun to drive. And by the way, my former 2001 Beetle had 350K on the counter when I sold it, and was still running fine. A real tough car!

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI turbo diesel from North America

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission turbo diesel Automatic
Previous carHonda CR-V

Summary:

Overall I like the car, but waiting to see if I like it after another year of driving

Sunroof occasionally malfunctions.

General Comments:

Getting 38 mpg in mixed driving without trying very hard.

Enjoying the peppy mid-range, but don't like the off the line turbo lag.

Front seats are comfortable, but the backseat is small.

I like the responsive handling.

Inside feels upscale, but the outside is rather plain.

Review Date: 21st December, 2010

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI turbo diesel from North America

Engine and transmission TDI turbo diesel Automatic
Previous carNissan Titan

Summary:

In the future, I will always buy a German car

None.

It has been flawless, except the tires needed to be re-balanced.

General Comments:

I am glad I bought this car.

My wife has a Golf. To keep peace in the house, I agreed to get a Volkswagen, also.

I went to buy a white diesel Golf without a sunroof. I could not find what I wanted. I ended up with a silver Jetta wagon with a sunroof.

This car has twice the space of a Golf. The fuel mileage is the same as a Golf diesel. I get better than 45 mpg if I drive less than 68 mph.

This car is a joy to drive in the mountains, and it is great on long trips.

My granddaughters love the big sunroof.

My only complaint is the black seats are really hot in the summer. I am going to get lamb wool seat covers. The Germans don't know how hot the summers are in the south. The dealer had many black cars that no one wanted. If you are smart enough to buy a German car, you are smart enough not to buy black.

Review Date: 11th October, 2010

13th Oct 2010, 15:23

With only 20K, you are claiming victory and the wonders of German Engineering. Read some of the other VW reviews to see what you're in for.

14th Oct 2010, 08:39

German engineering, assembled in Mexico. Yep, you may want to trade it before the warranty expires!

27th Oct 2010, 18:54

Don't bother about the negative comments. I have a 2009 Jetta TDI with over 50000 miles, and only one minor issue (one door liner bolt loosened). Also assembled in Mexico, I believe. And I had a 1993 Golf TDI also assembled in Mexico that had over 300,000 miles when my son crashed it: a very reliable car!

My spouse has a 2008 Rabbit with not a single issue.

And when I read the recent VW reviews, not much negative comments either.