1997 Volkswagen Polo polo classic from Philippines - Comments

19th Apr 2011, 11:50

Hi, we're planning to buy Polo this week and just want to know, what things should I check? Should I buy one or should I not? You may email me at vino_212667@yahoo.com

Thanks.

1st May 2011, 08:03

Hi, I'm from Iloilo, and I'm the proud 3rd owner of a 1997 VW Polo Classic. 4 years after we first purchased the car, everything is in perfect shape. I even drove it at 120kph and it was asking for more... but my car broke down last year after 7 years of service, and to think I'm the 3rd owner. I even thought of selling it!

Now, I decided to restore it again to its good old perfect condition. I spent total of Php 29,000.00 pesos. Fixed the aircon, overhauled the compressor, changed the fuel pump, changed the cylinder head gasket, rewiring, ball-joints and tie-rod end, and minor repairs on rust and paints. Now it's as good as it was 8 years ago.

All I can say is, if your Polo needs repair, have it done right away.. it'll stay loyal to you for years...

4th Jul 2011, 05:37

Hi!

I am also using VW Polo Classic, and I would like to have further information and data regarding this car. I bought it from a friend, and a parts manual or service manual were not included; that is why I am having difficulties on checking and repair. Can you help me find some layout and or manual for it?

Appreciate your utmost support support.

Here is my email, should you have time to respond at sopco@mdd.com.ph

Thanks in advance!

Wilar

VW owner (Laguna area)

26th Jul 2011, 02:44

Hi, I'm an owner of a Polo Classic 97 model. I'm having problems with my car; my two rear suspension are broke, same with my alternator. Can anyone help me with where to buy these parts? I'm from Mindanao, and unluckily there's no VW polo parts dealer here. Can I buy online?

Here's my number 09292957082.

24th Aug 2011, 02:31

I have the same problem in my Volkswagen Polo Classic. High clutch pedal.

16th Sep 2011, 01:15

Hi, does anybody know where to buy a clutch for a Polo, and how much does it cost now? And also other parts for a Polo. I'm from La Union.

Tnx.

20th Sep 2011, 08:55

How's your car now? Have you checked the alternator?

30th Oct 2011, 05:55

I just want to know where did send for a repair of your Polo Classic? Any suggestion or recommendation for a particular auto repair shop in Iloilo, because I need my Polo Classic repaired too. Thanks.

30th Dec 2011, 09:00

Hello, I'm Mark. I just recently I bought a VW Polo 1997. I have a problem, because the engine stops and I could hear the fuel pump pumping hard before it stops. I'm so desperate with this problem. We've converted the carburetor into 4k, but still it's a mess up. I replaced the fuel pump filter and cleaned the carbs; still the same problem. Also the temperature is so high.

5th Jan 2012, 03:28

Hi Mark! Why not join our club in Facebook and post your questions or queries there. Just search for VW Polo Club PH. I'm sure our members will gladly help you.

15th Mar 2012, 13:54

I thought my 2005 Alfa Romeo was a pain in the bank balance; the passion had turned to punishment, and I had to let her go.

A friend of mine had this 1999 Polo Classic in mint condition, low mileage, and a steal at the price, and a quick hassle free replacement.

It is the worst car I have owned. Have had it 2 years now, I think I have been through all the problems from A-Z, ignition switch, alternator, starter motor, clutch, window winder issues, door unlocking issues. Think it's time to see how long it will burn for.

25th Apr 2012, 23:54

Thermo switch will cost you around 6,000Php.

25th Apr 2012, 23:56

A VW Polo Classic coil will cost you around 11k.

28th Apr 2012, 23:44

Where do you see the spark comming from?

28th Apr 2012, 23:46

All of the problems you mentioned are very minimal; just go to an electrician and have it checked.

For the signal light, you can buy a new signal relay for the radio. You may change the head unit or just the electrical.

29th Apr 2012, 00:45

It's not the computer box that you have to worry about. Think about changing the oil and the usual maintenance. A computer box will only break if you intend to break it.

25th May 2012, 17:57

Hello, I'm also a Volkswagen owner of a Polo Classic. If you could help me locate the exact location of that place in Buendia? I was there before, but my friend is there to purchase some brand new parts; he could not find the store, the one with the big store that deals with Mercedes and other European cars. Please reply ASAP. Thanks a lot.

13th Sep 2012, 02:02

The place at Buendia is currently renovating. That's why you probably had the hard time to locate it. Anyway, if you want I can supply you surplus parts, which are very much lower in price as compared to the brand new ones, and they are still in good condition. If you want, you can contact me at 09399061408. Thanks and Happy Motoring.

27th Sep 2012, 01:58

Carabelle is located in 445G Araneta Ave. They are not in EspaƱa anymore.. This is the number - 7327753.

Does anyone have a surplus air conditioner switch for Polo Classic? Mine just got broke so I need one. Carabelle is selling the air conditioner switch, but it is very expensive.

Add another comment