2005 Acura TL Reviews

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 3.2 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired92000 miles
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

The car to own and drive!

I was going to buy a brand new 2008 Honda Accord Coupe, at about 30k. I could have had a V6 with navi.

Instead I bought a used TL with navi for 14k. Having 92000 on the odometer was a bit concerning, but damn, this car runs so smooth and it look so nice with the A-Spec package on it.

Nothing gone wrong so far, still getting 20mpg average.

Transmission seems to be smooth, even though at times with AC on, it seems like the car lurches a bit when I am trying to come to a complete stop. It doesn't do it all the time, but it's something so minor that it doesn't bother me too much.

So far this is the car I actually enjoy driving the most compared to my previous cars, including 92 LS400, 87 Corvette Conv, 98 Accord Coupe, and many others since 1983, when I got my license.

General Comments:

If you like this car and always wanted to buy it, just buy it, it's a great car.

Don't listen to these stories about tire wear and vibration deals.

My car with 95000 miles feels almost like a new car, except for the smell of it.

Review Date: 8th July, 2008

22nd Oct 2008, 22:37

Really interested in getting a TL. What's the smell that you're talking about? Thanks.

14th Nov 2011, 19:02

Haha uhhh, he means it has everything but that new car smell :) My '08 TL Type-S has been a dream to drive, and I have to agree, it feels as good as the day I bought it.

2005 Acura TL With Navi 3.2 Liter V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.2 Liter V6 Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Needs a lot of work, improvement in quality, improvement in customer service

4 Transmissions in the first 30K miles.

Seats have started to wear badly at around 8K miles.

Navigation system reset on me 10 times while driving.

You can't drive down the road without rattles!!

CD's got stuck in the stereo!

Heat shield chirps when driving 50mph+!!

Bi-Xenon headlight wore out in the first 8k miles!

Horn does not work, even after 3 repair attempts!!

There's plenty more, if you want any more info, please feel free to email me at ClairAcuraSucks@gmail.com.

General Comments:

Rattle Box on wheels! It's a great price because they use the cheapest materials out there, and the quality of the build isn't all that great either. Too much torque steer, too much body roll, too many problems!!

Review Date: 18th August, 2007

20th Aug 2007, 09:42

This review does not make sense at all. First of there is no recall on 2005 Acura TL's for a transmission defect, and second there is no known problem to cause continuous failure of the transmission unless it was driver error.

7th Feb 2008, 13:59

Uh. it's a front wheel drive car. of course you are gonna get torque steer. obviously you had a LEMON, this is not a common issue or their would have been a major recall. please use some common sense and don't bash a car because you happened to had one that was lemoned.

29th Jan 2010, 02:56

Bash the car all you want, it's your story, just cause nobody else had this lemon, doesn't mean you can't warn people like me.

2005 Acura TL from North America

Year of manufacture2005

Summary:

Average

I have had to take my TL to the dealer multiple times to check on the rattling, wearing out of leather in the center arm rest and internal noise.

General Comments:

I love my car except for the issues with cheap construction. The dealers are very responsive, but you'd think that when you buy a luxury car, you won't have to deal with the issues mentioned above. I'm not sure I'd buy another acura.

Review Date: 10th August, 2007

12th Aug 2007, 20:44

You have noticed a few issues that could have happened to other cars. Take in mind that the Acura has a sporty suspension that shakes the car jitter causing rattles. I would think wearing down of leather, etc could have happened to any car and it is not because it is cheap. It not a 50,000 car after all.

13th Aug 2007, 10:54

The RL is 50K; not the sport suspension, like my TL.