2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4.6 Northstar from North America

Summary:

It will make your wife love you if you buy her one

Nothing.

General Comments:

The quietest ride of any car I have ever driven.

Acceleration is exceptional.

Handling is adequate for a large car, this is no sports job.

Highway gas mileage is very respectable, 26-27 mpg in my experience.

Review Date: 28th March, 2009

2006 Cadillac DTS 4.6 Northstar V8 from North America

Summary:

Not as good as we thought it'd be (Response for Excellent car with cheap price)

The dealership busted up the door locks after getting it serviced after 6000 miles (3 months of ownership). With that, they deleted the car's computer system. The dealership was so careless about our car, and after the service the radio died (covered by warranty).

Other than problems after the service, the car was driven almost 130 miles a day on average, and because of it we spent $850, I repeat 850 American Dollars a month on gas. Since it's my parents car, I drove it myself and the handling is not at its best. Since we realized that owning the car is too expensive to fill up and keeping up with payments, we may get rid of it in the next few weeks.

General Comments:

It is a nice car, but now we totally regret buying it in the first place. I myself am somewhat disappointed that we are going to sell it, but hopefully we will find a more fuel efficient, Luxurious alternative. I'm thinking of a G35, Lincoln MKX, or a Lexus. German cars cost too much to maintain. I wish it doesn't have to go, but it does.

Review Date: 24th June, 2007

26th Jun 2007, 17:18

I calculated you drive 3900 miles in one month in that time you would need 12.74 refuels with an 18 gallon tank, to the most you would need 687.96 dollars in fuel in one month, assuming gas is $3.00 a gallon. Spending 850 dollars in one month is excessive unless you have a lead foot. By the way that was calculated with 17 MPG EPA estimate in city limits. Or something is mechanically wrong with the car. I also understand you said 130 miles average.

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4.6 Northstar V8 from North America

Summary:

Excellent Car with Cheap Price

The car is brand new so there hasn't been any problems, but the day after we bought it we found a spec of rust under the driver door. The Dealer took care of that though with no problems. We thought the car was salvaged after we found the rust, but it wasn't. That was the only downside.

General Comments:

This is the fanciest car my parents have ever bought! It's fast and comfortable. If I could change one thing on the car it would be the color. It's Glacier White metallic and I would prefer the Black Raven. The original sticker price was $50,000, but since it was a clearance we paid $44,000. I love this car a lot and I hope my family will keep this car for a long time (At least until the next redesign). It's beautiful, cool, and an excellent Cadillac. We plan to upgrade the car with chrome rims and a mesh grille like you see on the Cadillac V-series. This car is like none other we've owned!

Review Date: 28th January, 2007

2006 Cadillac DTS 4.8 from North America

Summary:

Comfort and space

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

The DTS has a smooth, quiet, comfortable ride.

The car has loads of room in the passenger compartment & trunk. There could be more interior niches for putting things. The rear seat does not fold down. The center console and the door arm rest are different heights, should be the same.

There are a lot of electronic items to interface with. Some of the controls could be more intuitive.

The touch screen navigation system is neat.

The interactive radar controlled cruise control works just great.

Some of the STS elements should have been incorporated into the refreshed DTS. Why have the old plunger lock knob? Move the control down by the door handle and have a red light (on STS) up where the knob is to show the door is locked.

Review Date: 30th May, 2006