2015 Chery Tiggo 2.0L gasoline from United Arab Emirates

Just like a bin

Always different sounds are coming from the engine. When I am giving it acceleration, there is a sound like an old diesel engine vehicle. When you are in traffic (slow speed) you will feel like you are in boat (in water).

There is strange sound from the gearbox when I am using reverse gear.

While using the A/C, there is more sound from the engine.

The side mirror is always dancing. There is no strength in the material. You cannot see the vehicles (behind) in the side mirror because it is vibrating. When I went for my first service, I informed them to check on the side mirror. You know what they did? They repaired the window regulator, which had no problem at all.

The music system speakers are very good. The radio always has a problem with its signal. But at the same time in other cars there is no problem with the signal in the same place.

The USB slot is an old model. A small slot which was used in old devices like the N95 Nokia phone. That is also not working now. The first day, I heard a beep sound when I connected, and after that, nothing. It's dead.

So I don't know what is the guarantee for our life in this Chinese vehicle. Any time, anything can happen. Now I am always scared about when this vehicle will stop on the road.

This car is totally a waste. There is nothing valuable for your money. You lose your time and money. You will not get sleep after owning a vehicle like this. Please don't be cheated by anybody's word. If you have a branded vehicle (Japanese vehicle), at least you will get status. Made in China is always Made in China. They cannot maintain the global standard. They used cheap materials in this vehicle like toys.

When you see this vehicle for the first time, you will be impressed, but please don't buy, this is my humble request to all you expatriates. This is not an asset for us. You will be bankrupt before leaving this country.

General Comments:

A waste of our money - you are just giving money to the dealer and Chery Motors.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2015

27th Jul 2015, 19:42

Hi there, is this Chery Tiggo 5 SUV that you are referring to? As I am planning to purchase one in Dubai and saw your comment, which makes me think twice as I don't want to buy and later regret. Please advise. Thanks.

8th Oct 2015, 08:58

Please don't buy a Chery Tiggo.

4th Jan 2016, 16:21

I have a Tiggo 3. It is the best car that I have had. Please explain about your experiences.

2015 Chery Tiggo 2.0 from United Arab Emirates

To begin, I bought a Chery Tiggo model 2015 on November 20, 2014.

At first the only problem was water leakage in the right back door rubber and sun roof, that I addressed during the first 1000km service (dated Dec. 13, 2014). The door water leakage was fixed, however the sunroof leakage was still there.

After 2 months and only 2400km (dated Jan. 21, 2015) my car ended up in the service center. On several occasions the car was idling/no acceleration in drive gear; imagine, we were in the middle of the street and all the cars behind are buzzing, and the transmission warning sign light was on.

Then on January 26, 2015 (after 5 days) my car was released from the service center and after one week (dated: Feb. 2, 2015) I'm experiencing the same problem, no acceleration and the transmission warning sign lights up. Additionally they also said they fixed the sunroof water leakage, however there is a cracking sound every time I close it.

Then on Feb. 3, 2015 again it was sent to the service center. On Feb. 12, 2015 (after 9 days) I received my car and the same day the same problem occurred - no acceleration in drive gear and the transmission warning light went on.

Then on Feb. 14, 2015, it was sent back to the service center and until now has not been released as they cannot locate the problem.

General Comments:

Don't buy this car.

Review Date: 22nd February, 2015

30th Mar 2015, 11:01

Please can you give your contact details, because I am planning to buy a Chery Tiggo: My Number - 0567325672.

22nd Apr 2015, 06:55

Yes, you are absolutely right, don't buy this waste of a vehicle. I also bought this vehicle and I've been facing big problems from the first day to till now, and the dealer is also trying to wash their hands, because they got their money. But I will not leave this. I will go to the consumer court. I believe under Dubai rules nobody can escape from a cheating case.

Any one planning to buy this vehicle, please don't buy. It will destroy you.

12th Oct 2015, 03:58

I wish I'd read these comments earlier. I just bought a Chery Tiggo and it's giving me so many problems.

I bought it in July, but it has been to the dealership twice and this EPC problem has not been solved. I have decided to take it back even though I will lose money, it's OK.

27th May 2016, 19:09

We have been sitting with a similar problem for 7 months now and my Chery Tiggo is still not fixed.

SO MANY sensors have already been replaced in the AUTO gearbox, and every time we get it back it has a problem between 1st and 2nd gear (not switching over, kicking so HARD into the next gear that the transmission malfunction light comes on with this issue where you can't accelerate, etc).

The Chery is a unreliable car and has cost me more frustration than joy. I can't even get the car repaired to try and sell it; that's besides the HUGE shortfall I will have if I do sell it.

Worst of all, the gearbox issue is only one of the many things we have gone through with the Chery. This page is too small for my list of problems we have had to deal in the last 3 years.

28th May 2016, 16:17

The items you and some others have discussed on here are normal wear and tear items with a vehicle. Chery offers a low cost entry point into getting a new, solidly performing car. For that, they should be commended.