31st Jan 2017, 22:42

Hi. Can you list what defects you experienced? I have a whistling sound that won't go away and jerking pull offs in 1st / 2nd gear... waiting to see what else :/

1st Mar 2017, 13:41

Good day.

I have a Chery Tiggo. It is not starting. The dealer has it for three days and cannot diagnose the problem; they say the mechanicals are fine, diagnostics fine, battery fine, and the wiring fine; they can't find the problem... so angry.

15th Mar 2017, 21:19

I'm planning on buying one tomorrow and all these comments just confused me even more; some are good reviews and some are bad. I'm a single mom and do not have money to waste so I'm gonna have to buy a reliable car. I actually love the looks of the car and also it's priced right and I'm also not looking at doing any long distance driving, basically just collecting kids from school, to and from work.

Any advice on whether I should buy or not anyone?

12th Jul 2017, 05:41

Hi,

I bought a 2012 Chery Tiggo a few months ago. It's second hand and I had sleepless nights from the gear box to petrol gauge being faulty. Now I am trying to find the transmission dip stick. Does anyone have any clue to where I can find this in the vehicle?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

12th Aug 2017, 19:04

Hi,

I am a mature lady and I bought a 2010 Chery Tiggo 2.0tx, and I've owned it for 7 years and my mileage is over 60,000 km.

I have had very few problems with my car. The only problems I had were the brake light bulbs going twice and a clicking sound with the clutch pedal, but I try and drive my car carefully and release the clutch a bit slower and with caution, and I have had no clutch problems yet... besides the clicking sound. I think you just have to drive the Chery Tiggo with a little more loving care and caution in order not to have too many problems. Of course after driving a Colt Rodeo for 10 years, this car felt cheap and paper-like, but once I got used to it, I can't complain as it was value for money for me. I still love my car.

4th Sep 2017, 12:59

Hi All.

I have bought a 2010 Chery Tiggo secondhand in Jan 2013. 2l TXE Auto.

Numerous problems - I am now on 70 000 km on the odometer and already I've had to replace the following - 3x times the catalytic converter, power steering rack, sensors numerous times, brakes, the rubbers come loose from the door panels and an endless rattle noise from the back. Shocks have been replaced, but still if I go over a bump it sounds like I am driving without any shocks. I've already had so much problems and can't even name all of them.

I am crazy about my Chery, but... if I had the money I would not think twice about getting rid of it. I am now looking to cut out the cats and I am looking for someone that knows what he's doing. Advice would be helpful...

11th Sep 2017, 12:35

Hi.

Did you buy the car? I also want to buy one, but I'm confused.

26th Sep 2017, 16:07

Good day. I have a 2008 20TX. It was a great ride till a year ago when it picked up a bearing knock. Had the entire motor and head redone; now it refuses to start; misfires the whole time. Took it to the Chery dealer and was told there is a valve not sealing. Took it back to the engineering whom redid the head, same problem; now the dealership tells me they need to do a timing reset, which will cost me R3250, apart from the 2s that I already had to pay. Can anyone help?