1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 from North America

Summary:

Unfortunately, I would not buy another one of these cars.

First of all my car was great, I enjoyed it. Then all of a sudden I hear this loud squealing noise coming from the engine. Take it in, my water pump was on the verge of going out. Fine, so I fix it.

I get my car back and the timing belt goes out. Now I have this leak; not just a normal leak, I have another piece of my engine rubbing against my oil filter, so I have to put oil in my car every 3-4 weeks. The leak is not just a little leak; it leaks as if it's gushing out.

General Comments:

It seems as if this car never stops. I fix a problem and another one comes running. My cousin has a 98 Monte and his transmission went out. He had to pay more than the car was even worth to fix it.

Review Date: 4th April, 2008

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo z34 3.4 DOHC from North America

Summary:

Good, reliable, could be better on gas

The motor had to be replaced, but hey 260000km it has a reason to go. The seats are ripped slightly in the drivers side. But an 12 year old car will have wear and tear on it.

General Comments:

Roomy interior, sleek exterior, strong motor on the highway, not so much in town till it gets up in revs. Great handling follows through corners.

Review Date: 9th March, 2007

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 from North America

Summary:

Don't even think about a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34!!

Soon after I bought this "sporty" car, the transmission went out! the mileage was around 97,000.

I have had the radiator tubes replaced at around 98,000 miles.

Recently, the timing belt tore at 109,000.

The oil leaks severely!

I have had a distributer seal replaced, a gasket seal replaced and still no fix!

I've spent over $2,000 on repairs! and the engine is still bad.

General Comments:

I would definitely not recommend any Monte Carlo to any one!...Do not buy a 1995 Z34-it is the worst engine to deal with as far as price for repairs because you are going to have problems.

A sleek design, but no engine to match it up, unless you can afford having it in the repair shop every month!

Thanks to this car, I've had more stress than imagineable.

Review Date: 7th March, 2007

7th Mar 2007, 20:29

This must be your first real car: A 12+ year old car with 110 000 miles will require things like belts and hoses. It's called regular maintenance. Maybe your "Chevrolet Jeep" didn't have those parts.

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z24 from North America

Summary:

Good Car For The Money

This car has been a good car with only a few repairs needed, but I keep having a problem with starting it. I put the key in the ignition, turn it, and nothing. I had the key replaced once and it seemed to help, but it has started to do it again. The new key is only 6 months old. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you correct it? Do I need a new ignition and not just a key?

General Comments:

Good car.

Review Date: 30th January, 2007

3rd Apr 2007, 18:03

I have had my car for a year and 2 month and I love it. my car did the same thing 3 times and I just take the key out and wait a few minute and it starts right up. I don't think its the key.

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3.0L from North America

Summary:

Dependable, even when smashed!!

For the time I had the car, besides regular maintenance, nothing more had to be done with the car.

Unfortunately (and I had to learn this the hard way) this is commonly called a crumple car by tow men. In even the slightest of bumps or most minor of accidents, there is a lot of structural and cosmetic work that has to be done.

General Comments:

The reason I no longer have this car is because my boyfriend crashed it into a railroad pole while when attempting to stop over new snow. The front end was shaped like a "V". But we started just for fun in -5 degree weather, with the radiator smashed into the engine, and it still STARTED!!!

Although it doesn't sound like it, this car handles great with new tires. he he.

This car is comfortable and easy to drive, I just wish it had more torque.

Review Date: 15th March, 2006