2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS EXT Inline 6 Cylinder from North America

Summary:

Durable and fun to drive

The battery light would stay dimly illuminated when the car was turned off. Nothing was wrong with the charging system, the dealer simply replaced the dash cluster under warranty.

The radio has reset three times since we owned it. Can't figure out why.

There is a small rattle sound which sounds like it could be the belt tensioner but the belts stay taught and it has never posed a problem in three years.

The drivers side window doesn't seem to stay in the track when you roll it up when on the highway and you hear a whistle until it seats. Which sometimes the wind will push the window in place after about a minute.

Also not too crazy about the plastic brake light trim above the rear window.

General Comments:

We bought this car brand new in 2005, the dealer still had a few 2004's on the lot and we got a pretty nice deal. We upgraded from a 2000 Ford Taurus due to growing family and we really like it.

The Trailblazer rides smooth, has real nice power and when I've towed it seems like it's not towing anything at all. I like the low end torque and the engine purrs on the highway. It's my wife's car so I rarely get to drive it but when I do I enjoy it.

Because it is a little longer than the Non-EXT version, I do occasionally notice a little "push" on the highway from crosswinds but it's not a whole lot and we don't find it to be a big safety issue.

Overall we really like this SUV. With the exception of the price to fill the tank it's a great vehicle.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2008

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer lt atlas inline 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Overall- good styling, but needs more engineering

Bought the Trailblazer last year ant the truck works great. I don't understand the bad reviews, but maybe it is "hit and miss" with the ones that have problems (built on Monday)

The only things that I've had wrong is the speedometer stopped working. This is a easy fix for the mechanically (and electronically) inclined and involved replacing the stepper motors in the cluster. If you have this problem, take it to your dealer and they will explain what the problem is through their Technical Bulletins. From what I understand, Delphi (GM Electronics) is working on the matter to replace these defective clusters. This also occurs in other models, also. The other problem was the stablizer bar linkages in the front end. This is a common problem with these vehicles.

$44.00 ea. to replace and a little of your time.

Nice vehicle, but be sure to check your recalls and Technical bulletins BEFORE Purchasing ANY vehicle.

Review Date: 16th January, 2008

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS from North America

Summary:

Nice vehicle; would buy again or get a Tahoe next time-love those too!

Used to sputter and lurch; has cut off before.

General Comments:

After about 6 months of owning, began to sputter/lurch/cut off on occasion. This stopped when I began using fuel injector cleaner additive once or twice a month. It worked like magic; I guess it was bad gas, or maybe the fuel injectors are very "sensitive". No other problems, at this time.

Review Date: 21st August, 2007

22nd Aug 2007, 11:43

GM suggests 'top-tier' gas stations because their fuel injectors are sensitive to clogging and need extra detergent. Around here that means Shell, but there are others on the list. Just google 'top-tier gas'. Or use Chevron Techron in the tank periodically. I had the same problem with my Trailblazer and Express until I started using Shell gas.

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LX from North America

Summary:

A $40,000 piece of junk!

This is my second Trailblazer after Chevy had to repurchase our first Trailblazer, due to a dealership destroying the engine after the heater core went bad.

On our current trailBlazer, we have had the entire radio replaced due to a C.D. getting stuck in the player.

The seat warmers do not work every time the car is started. I have to turn the engine off and restart the car for them to work.

Now, the molding on the top of the tailgate broke due to ice forming under the piece without our knowledge. Three men dealing with Trailblazers said that this is a problem that they have dealt with multiple times. We are currently pursuing a complaint with the manufacturer.

General Comments:

This brand of vehicle seems to have many problems. I thought that we maybe just had a lemon with our first vehicle, but it just seems to be this model.

Review Date: 1st February, 2007

7th Feb 2007, 14:42

Just wondering if your's is an ext and/or v8 model. My 2004 ext v8 (north face) has 50k since new with no problems.

7th Feb 2007, 16:14

It seems like your assessment is a little harsh, although $40,000 is a lot to pay for a Trailblazer. Seat warmers, a stuck CD, and a broken piece of trim are annoyances, but hardly condemn a car as junk.

7th Feb 2007, 17:19

Trade it in for the new SS. You will love it.

13th Jan 2008, 10:01

I have a 2004 Trailblazer. From the first visit after I purchased it I had to keep telling the service department that the power steering had something wrong with it. They greased it every 3,000 miles until 2 years into my lease the power steering broke (after it was out of warranty). GM did pay for it due to all the complaints I had listed at the dealership. I have had to replace the power steering, brakes, and purchase 4 new tires all before the car had 40,000 miles on it. I take it in for service every 3,000 miles and it always needs some type of repair besides the service due at that time. This is my first Chevy and most likely be my last.