2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Reviews - Page 4 of 6

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4.2 IL6 from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission 4.2 IL6 Automatic
Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

I would not buy one again

Multiple times in shop within the first year of purchase. Engine stalls at stop signs and red lights. Stalls when in reverse. Stalled once while exiting the freeway. Engine sensors (check engine light) burned out. Brand new battery faulty, needed to be replaced within 3 months of ownership. Door seals have fallen off. Hazard lights engage spontaneously as well as the blinkers.

Driver seat motor burned out.

General Comments:

Would be a decent family vehicle if my Trailblazer in particular did not experience so many problems. The design is good. The cloth interior is VERY forgiving especially for those with small children. Handles well in wet weather. The trade in value is terrible.

Review Date: 21st March, 2005

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4.3 I6 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.3 I6 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

Love this SUV and look for excuses to drive

Battery died and was replaced under warranty. I am surprised because it is so new. I suspect something is not turning off overnight, but the dealer did not find anything wrong and replaced the battery under warranty.

General Comments:

This SUV is very comfortable and for it's size and year gets the best mileage and power. The Toyota Highlander and Honda Passport get better gas mileage, but aren't as big. This SUV is very comfortable on long trips, has a decent sound system, and my daughter loves the DVD player. The entire family loves the XM radio because of the choices not available on regular radio. The 6 disk CD changer is convenient. The seats fold down flatter than the Venture, making it easier to load my keyboards and amps when I am playing with the band.

The all wheel drive is a great option. When I have had 4 wheel drive before, I couldn't use it for those in between situations where you weren't supposed to engage the 4 wheel drive to keep from breaking it. This is great in the snow. The tires are not the best for off road, but I don't use it that way. They are great on the highway and good enough for snow when using all wheel or 4 wheel drive.

I look for excuses to drive again. I haven't done that for about 15 years.

My family needed a 6 passenger vehicle that my handicapped father-in-law could get in, and the side steps are the lowest. He can even get in it easier than our old Venture. When he cannot get into this vehicle, we will have to resort to a vehicle with a ramp or lift.

Review Date: 14th February, 2005

16th Feb 2005, 10:41

I believe you mean "Honda Pilot" on account of the Passport is no longer manufactured.

18th Feb 2005, 06:47

Yes, you are right. Anyway, that one was too small also.

16th May 2006, 12:33

I agree with review and would add that V8 engine has a lot more power yet gets about the same gas mileage!

27th May 2006, 20:48

I think I read that the displacement on demand V8 available with the 2006 model get the same gas mileage. In 2004 the V8 got the same city mileage, but not as good on the highway.

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS EXT Vortech V8 5.3 from North America

Engine and transmission Vortech V8 5.3 Automatic
Previous carDodge Caravan

Summary:

Best SUV for the Price

Wind noise from driver and passenger front door.

Paint scratches very easy.

General Comments:

Love the V-8. Surprisingly powerful.

Love the body style. Makes the Tahoe and Suburban look stale in comparison.

Seats are comfortable and for a mid size SUV, feels like a Large SUV.

Compared Ford, Dodge, and Honda. Chevrolet had the best pricing and more standard features on their base model.

Reviews say it handles poorly, but I found it to drive quite well, and handle fine for a big vehicle.

Parking or turning around are a hassle at times, but it would be the same for almost any large SUV.

I love it so far.

Review Date: 27th January, 2005

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Explorer

Summary:

We have only had the car for 3,000 miles, except for the window problems, we like it

The rear window has broken out twice (September and November) simply when the rear door was being raise in the first instance and closed in the second instance. In both cases nothing struck or came in contact with the glass.

General Comments:

I am currently working with the dealer and GM to resolve the problem. My concern is someone will be seriously hurt if the window breaks again. In both instances the glass broke into a million small pieces and showered the person beneath it, but luckily no injury occurred in either case.

Overall we like the vehicle, it handles well and rides comfortably.

Review Date: 28th November, 2004

1st Aug 2007, 15:09

It's like the Corvette you have to leave a door open so that the pressure of opening or closing the rear won't break the glass.