1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 3.4 from North America

Been great, I'd do it again

New transmission at 1000 miles.

Water pump at 120000.

Resistor bank for front heater blower at 130000.

Driver side window switch at 130000.

Coolant product is horrible, globs up over time.

New intake gaskets at 130000.

General Comments:

Great power, good features.

The coolant GM used has to go. changed it to green with the intake gaskets. still have some blockage that I hope will clean out over time.

After changing the transmission at 1000 miles, never really trusted it completely, but it's never left us stranded.

Haven't had problems like some people have. I'd buy another one.

Review Date: 11th December, 2006

1999 Chevrolet Venture Extended 3.4 from North America

Poor workmanship

Wipers staying up.

Rotting Rocker Panels.

Drivers window crooked and must be assisted up.

Front Struts top bushings sticking.

Rear wiper motor seized.

ABS light has been on since 2002.

Gas Gauge doesn't work.

CD Player doesn't work.

Engine Thermostat had to be replaced.

Fan won't run on top speed for a prolonged period of time.

Engine doesn't throw much heat.

Tailgate locking mechanism seized.

General Comments:

Even with all of it's faults the Van has not broken down. Ever?

Review Date: 9th November, 2006

1999 Chevrolet Venture LX from North America

The driver's seat has a tear that is growing. Cheap fabric.

The head gasket has been replaced twice (total-$1500). The head gasket first blew at only about 30,000 miles, and again at about 53,000 miles.

The tail light assembly has a short due to a very poor design. The engineers put the wire harness and connectors at the TOP of the tail light assembly, with no protection from the rain! Now the turn signals are faulty, the ABS light comes on when the headlights are on, and the tail lights are faulty.

The driver's power window switch died with the window down. Thank goodness it wasn't raining! It was replaced, and now the window stops half way down and when I press the switch again, sometimes it will go down, and sometimes it won't. Now the window motor is going out.

It has had TWO recall notices on the power door. Sometimes it would close electrically and sometimes it would not. (Why two notices? Couldn't they get it right the first time?)

Tires must be replaced often.

Brakes are replaced often.

General Comments:

I will NEVER own another Venture, and possibly not another Chevy if this is an indication of the engineers' abilities (or lack of it). I can't even trust this car enough to drive it on long trips for fear that I will be stranded. I could for the first few thousand miles, but now I can't, and I am looking for another car. The comfort level is great. Very comfortable. Too bad that doesn't get you where you want to go. I wish that I could force a Chevy engineer to drive it until he gets stranded many times.

Review Date: 26th September, 2006

1999 Chevrolet Venture from North America

An absolute NIGHTMARE

I bought my van from a private owner, my battery died, my starter went then we drove 400 miles and my head gasket blew. My wiper cam was bad, my window switch blew, and that is not all now my transmission is slipping. I have no warranty. I have spent so much on this van, but I have only had it for a month and a half. What does a person do in this situation? I will never purchase another chevy with or without a warranty. GM should recall all these vans that are nightmares.

General Comments:

The one thing this van does have is great gas mileage.

Review Date: 6th September, 2006

1999 Chevrolet Venture LX Extended 3.8L from North America

Nice van, but too many problems

Replaced tires 4 times in 7 years or about every 10,000 miles.

Replaced front brakes and front rotors 3 times. Replaced rear brakes and drums 2 times.

Replaced water pump at 45,000 miles.

Replace anti lock brake computer and master brake cylinder at 55,000 miles. Cost about $1000.

Replaced driver's side power window motor at 47,000 miles. Stopped working again at 70,000 miles.

Rear wiper fluid dispenser stopped working.

Airbag light came on and off whenever it wanted to and the dealer could not fix it.

The lights in the radio stop working so you could not see the buttons at night.

Cup holder on the passenger seat broke as well as other plastic parts though out the interior.

The manual doors became difficult to open and close and the dealer did not know why.

The engine was sucking up and burning coolant and the dealer told me it would cost $1000 to fix.

General Comments:

We loved it when we first got it and did not have many problems until after the warranty expired.

The gas tank was 20+ gallons so we could go quite a distance without filling up. We had the 8 passenger seating version so our three young children fit in the second row nicely.

It was a little light on power, but overall it drove well.

We decided to trade it in for a short term lease on another minivan (Chrysler T&C) because we just were not sure what was going to go next.

Review Date: 10th April, 2006