1999 Chevrolet Venture Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Venture Base 3.4 from North America

Year of manufacture1998
Previous carVolvo V70

Summary:

Death trap

Too many to list.

General Comments:

This vehicle just about killed my sister and her children. The control are broke and pulled them completely into the oncoming lane.

This vehicle also FAILS (Receives a "POOR" status) from the the National Insurance Institute for a head on collision. So it this adds to the risks of the this vehicle.

The design of the control arm is made of "rolled steel" and the joint of the control arm to the bushing tube is welded on its end. Butt welded (There is no wrap around of metal around the bushing, which is then welded to the main body of the control arm).

This ridiculous design cracked at the weld on both sides... Absolutely DEADLY. Incidentally this happened to my neighbors car (Chevrolet Cavalier) the next day! STAY AWAY FROM THESE DEATH TRAPS...

Review Date: 8th June, 2010

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 3.1 from North America

Previous carOldsmobile Silhouette

I purchased a 1999 Chevy Venture van used... after having it for only 1 week, it had to be towed, and the shop told me that the head and manifold intake gaskets had to be replaced, and quoted the price of 1,500.00, and then before having this repair made, asked a friend to check it out and he found the problem to be a very small hose that cost 6.00 and a gallon of antifreeze... he said a friend had the same problem and paid for the major repair, only to have it still leak... so please make sure your mechanic knows what he is doing...

Also, the drivers window does not go up and down straight, so can't use that anymore.

The air conditioner only works on level 2 or 5...

The door locks will not not lock the slider door...

I would never own another Chevy Venture van...

Review Date: 8th September, 2009

10th Jan 2010, 21:04

I bought a 99 Venture too.. Boy was that a mistake. After about 6 months my heads blew out! $1,600 and a week later we got the van back only to blow all the hoses. The repair men had NO idea why it was doing this. The window either don't roll up or you can't get them down! I don't think I'll EVER buy another. As soon as I pay off the OUTRAGEOUS loan that I had to take out to fix it, we're gonna get rid of it!

1999 Chevrolet Venture LX 3.3 from North America

Distance when acquired120000 miles
Most recent distance120000 miles

Summary:

Very problematic

Windshield wiper would stop in the upright position. The solution was on the mechanical part of the wipers, there is a tab that gets bent and doesn't allow it to return to the rest position. Re-bending the tab will fix the problem.

Review Date: 9th January, 2009

3rd Aug 2009, 13:17

This is a problem worth getting mad about?... If that is the case you will NEVER be satisfied behind the wheel of ANY vehicle.

1999 Chevrolet Venture from North America

First year of ownership1999
Previous carFord Aerostar

Summary:

I love my Venture!!!

Drivers side window has broken twice.

Blew head gasket at about 100,000.

General Comments:

I absolutely love my Venture. Really disappointed that Chevy quit selling them, as I'm looking for a replacement. My Husband says it has too many miles to make 7-8 hour trips to visit family.

Review Date: 31st December, 2008

15th Jan 2009, 18:53

I will never buy another 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan. I'm thinking about try a Chevy Venture or a Toyota Sienna.

1999 Chevrolet Venture from North America

First year of ownership1999
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Comparable or even better than some of the competition

Brake lights and turn signals malfunctioning.

ABS and Airbag warning light always on.

Early problems with interior upholstery.

Side power mirrors failed a long time ago so I just adjust with my hands.

Wipers stayed in the up position but I fixed this by spraying the gear mechanism with WD-40.

Intake gasket being replaced in shop today.

Replaced heating core.

Rear wheel cylinders need replacing.

Front tie rods need replacing.

General Comments:

This is a very great van to drive, and I am pleased with it so far after 90K miles and 9 years, except for the things I have to repair now.

Seems like we all have the same problems (being reported), could this be a general ploy by dealers to make money. I mean, how many of us have really checked to see if the intake gasket really needs replacing? The dealer says it needs replacing and if we don't we could blow the engine. Pretty expensive to replace the gasket, but it could cost even more if we don't.

Review Date: 13th June, 2008