1999 Chevrolet Venture from North America

I would rather buy foreign

When I first bought my used venture I blew a head gasket within two weeks at 26,000 miles.

The windshield wiper motor burnt out and had to be replaced as the wipers wouldn't work and when they did they were always in the up position.

The transmission went at 93,000 miles and it has been rebuilt three times and my van still is not running correctly.

With a price of over 1600.00.

Just recently the motor on my electric window burnt out and the window was stuck down inside the door, it needs a new switch and a motor and at this rate I will go without putting my window down.

My van is sitting in the driveway with absolutely no breaks. I ended up buying a used Maxima because my venture is always breaking down. Anyone want it for parts!!!1.

Review Date: 20th March, 2006

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS 3.4L from North America

Fool me once, shame on GM, fool me twice, shame on me--my next vehicle weill be a Toyota

ABS Harness failed at 1500 miles.

Intake manifold failed at 60,000.

Fuel gauge failed at 70,000.

Passenger side rear view mirror was defective under warranty, but dealer refused to repair it.

General Comments:

The vehicle is comfortable and has plenty of power.

Fuel economy runs about 23-26 on the highway and about 19 in town.

The dealer is hopelessly dishonest. I now patronize a local mechanic.

I've decided to live without a gas gauge--for $800 I'll reset the trip meter each time I refill.

When I asked the salesman to show me how to remove and replace the rear seats he couldn't get them back in without help from a mechanic. I should have known better than to buy it.

Review Date: 10th December, 2005

11th Dec 2005, 15:17

I have a 98 venture with 140,000 and all I had to do it wiht replace the water pump and the serpentine belt.

You just never know.

1999 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended 3.4 V6 from North America

Fairly good van, but needs less cheap parts

Before I bought it the transmission was replaced and air intake manifold gasket replaced.

Since I have owned it:

Rear hatch shocks went out.

Driver power window motor replaced.

Power steering pump replaced.

Fuel line had hole in it, (smelled like a gas station when the vehicle was in park).

2 light bulbs on the radio don't work.

General Comments:

I bought it used from a dealership and against my better judgement bought an extended warranty. I'm glad I did!!! I haven't had to pay for any considerable repairs, (as of yet).

The van rides nice and is very roomy and looks good too. Gas mileage is very good. Got close to 28 to 30 from trip from Wisconsin to Florida this summer.

If you buy one GET A Warranty if you can. The liitle things that have gone wrong will add up otherwise.

Review Date: 19th September, 2005

Engine head gasket was replaced at 120000KM

Exhaust gasket was replaced at 140000KM

CV joint was replaced at 90000KM

ABS brake sensors were replaced 180000KM

Transmission was replaced. at 190000KM.

General Comments:

The van is reliable in that with all of the problems that occurred except the CVB joint blowing out. the van was still operable.

The interior is quite comfortable.

This vehicle has cost more than 3 times the original purchase price in repairs.

Review Date: 21st July, 2005

1999 Chevrolet Venture LX 3-4 from North America

It is the poorest quality vehicle ever

Starter, Manifold Gasket, Transmission, Auto Door opens and closes itself, Engine light is always on, air bag light is intermittent, This is the worst vehicle I have ever had. Chevrolet I will never buy one again. I also would like my money back. prorated of course.

General Comments:

Stay away.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2005

1999 Chevrolet Venture LX 3.6 Litre V6 from North America

Based on our experience with this car, we won't even consider purchasing another Chevrolet

Mechanically this car has had very serious problems.

At 55,000 miles, the first transmission went out.

At 75,000 miles, the second transmission went out (probably due to a poor quality torque converter installed by the trans. tech. This was not a manufacturer problem).

At 85,000, the lower intake manifold gaskets failed. Be aware!! It is my understanding that this repair is very common to almost all GM late model V6 engines. The materials used to make the gaskets shrink with age and cracks form.

At 98,000, the main piston rod bearings failed. This might be due to coolant from the failed intake manifold gaskets contaminating the oil in the crankcase.

General Comments:

Except for the serious mechanical problems, we really liked the body style, comfort, power and handling of the vehicle. It was a very good van with a really poor engine and transmission.

Review Date: 28th April, 2005