A brilliantly reliable and economical car with adequate performance and comfort
In the almost 7 years since I have had this vehicle, here are the major items I have had to deal with:
1) Discs x 3 sets, typically 60 to 80 k intervals.
2) Head gasket at 130 k.
3) Hand brake cables at 80 k.
4) Alternator at 170 k.
5) Diesel pump reconditioned at 175 k.
6) Water pump 180 k.
7) Complete exhausts system at 180 k.
8) Rear sub-frame bushes 180 k.
9) Front suspension strut thrust bearings 190 k.
10) Dashboard lights fail regularly.
Nothing outrageous for the mileage I have done, I don't think.
This car has been brilliant. Reliable and economical with adequate comfort and performance.
It has cost me £165/month to run, taking into consideration initial purchase price and service costs. This excludes the £500 I have just got for the car.
I so liked the car I have bought a 1994 ZX turbo diesel Dimension with 71 k on the clock. I expect 4 good years out of this, maybe 5.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 27th February, 2002