1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2.0 from North America

I bought this car for $500. It was just supposed to be used as a commuter, until I discovered its potential.

I've had the car painted black, and also painted the wheels black for that stealthy look! A new bumper and rear bumper helped the overall aesthetics.

After the installation of the cold air intake and exhaust, it runs so much better.

The only problems I've had are small oil leak around the valve cover, and the throttle position sensor; other than that, the car runs perfect.

Many more mods are on the way, which include Lamborghini doors, and maybe a full body kit, and possibly new rims.

Review Date: 18th June, 2008

1996 Dodge Avenger 2.0 from North America

It's a very great car if you like to fix some things every now and then

Well my crank sensor went out and had that replaced, and that cost me 250 dollars.

My car has been in an accident, and ever since then I have had problems with it running on 2 cylinders. And I have no voltage to cylinder 4, but cylinders 1,2,3 have voltage, but my injector for cylinder 3 is plugged.

General Comments:

I love how it goes down the road. But when I had it on the road, it was running on 2 cylinders, so it wasn't that great.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2008

1996 Dodge Avenger ES V6 24 valve from North America

This car is awesome

Front bumper frame came off.

The gas mileage is not that great in the slightest.

General Comments:

I love the car, it's my first car and I love driving it, it's beautiful and fast.

Review Date: 18th August, 2006

1996 Dodge Avenger avenger basic 2.0 from North America

The best car I have ever owned

A leaking head gasket (oil) Performance still great.

Headlight assembly has become dull.

Front bumper gets caught on sidewalk curbs, the underside cracked.

EGR valve malfunction at 158000 miles.

General Comments:

The car handles great and is very sturdy around curves.

I have had no mechanical problems with car that I could not fix myself, except the leaking head gasket.

The A/C is still cold after 10 years of ownership, never has been recharged.

Review Date: 31st May, 2006

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2.5L 24v V6 from North America

Worth the cost to maintain

Complete front suspension rebuild at 130k miles.

General Comments:

Car is a little slow off the line, but in third gear, will take on most v8's.

Ridiculous top speed stock.

Great handling.

Awesome sound system stock.

Approaching 150,000 miles, and runs intensely strong.

Review Date: 10th October, 2005

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2.4 liter from North America

My opinion of the car is, but WHY???

Everything has broken. I bought my car in November and in December I had to replace the water pump, but it still overheats every once in a while. My heater stopped working too, but it would work sometimes. My sunroof leaks, so when it rains you get wet. I had a freeze plug that needed to be replaced, I sure am glad the transmission was out or I would have had to take it out anyway, to change the freeze plug because it was between the motor and the transmission. My transmission had a hole in it that was JB welded together. Now, the transmisssion has a hole in it the size of a baseball because the clip that help the differental in place came out and the differental came through the housing. My front passenger side tire wears out too fast, the other three are fine. This list goes on and on and on.

General Comments:

I am scared to drive this car, I never know when it is going to have to be towed again.

I don't understand, I have only had the car for about 6 months. It is very expensive to keep running and always takes longer getting fixed that my truck.

The car has serious problems, I wish I didn't trade my chevy blazer for it.

I can't keep the car running, the only good thing I can say is the battery never has gone dead, so at least it has a radio, but a speaker is busted.

Don't buy one of these cars, I warn you.

Review Date: 19th July, 2005

9th Dec 2007, 12:59

You bought this car used with 80K on it, did you have a pre-purchase inspection done? Sounds like the PO drove it hard and now you are paying the price for not having the car checked out.