2003 Dodge Durango LST 4.7 Magnum from North America

Summary:

Excellent

Nothing.

General Comments:

This has been the best car I've ever owned.

I change my oil every 3,000, and had the transmission flushed at 50,000 just as preventive maintenance.

But overall I love this truck; 4hd is great, and the comfort is awesome. I will have this truck till the end.

My cousin has the same one, and he has 250,000 miles. And never had a problem.

Review Date: 28th February, 2008

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

Roomy, comfortable, and fun to drive

Only problem I've had is the left tail light going out and I don't mean just a bulb, but the whole thing was fried.

Other than that, no problems.

General Comments:

I love our Durango.

It's quick off the line and great at passing slow vehicles when I need to.

It's got enough room for our family of 5 plus room for two more.

I bought it from a dealer 1000 miles away and when I drove it home, it was the best drive I've ever had. Usually on long drives, my back starts to hurt and I get very uncomfortable, but not once did I have a problem like that while driving the Durango.

The only negative thing I could say is that the gas mileage is terrible, but that’s the trade off for having something this nice.

Review Date: 30th January, 2008

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Beauty, Brawn and Bling!

Not a thing. It was certified by Dodge, and I bought the extended warranty with rental coverage to 80K miles.

Engine and transmission are tough and sound, suspension is tight and responsive, and I really like the 4 wheel disc brakes compared to the rear drums on my 2,000 SLT.

General Comments:

This is my second Durango. I purchased both used. Sure the first one, a 2000 SLT Plus 5.9L had a few warranty issues like front ball joints, 2-3 gear shift valve and squeaky leaf springs, but I always buy the Dodge extended warranty -- net cost to repair after 36K miles: one deductible of $100 and a one day rental.

It broke my heart to trade it in on a Pacifica, but we needed more passenger space flexibility in a primary vehicle.

My current one is a 2003 SLT 4.7L, bought with ~48K miles. I traded our smaller Japanese SUV for it. Some have said the Durango is a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none, but to me that represents flexibility. I can haul cargo or people, deal with snow and ice, and beat just about anything short of a Corvette off the line.

I commute in the DC area, and the agility the Durango provides makes lane shuffling much easier than in my previous rice burner. It looks great and offers a great elevated view of the road ahead.

For my money, the 98-03s are so much better looking than the new Durango; I'm glad I locked in an '03 for the foreseeable future.

Review Date: 9th February, 2006

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4.7L V8 Magnum from North America

Summary:

Better then I ever expected

Nothing at this point in time. I have only had it for three days.

General Comments:

I have always wanted a Durango and after owning one I realized why. Yes, I have only had my Durango for three days, but I love it. I test drove many SUV's and found that the Durango has the best for me. It handles so well. I can go over a series of bumps in the road and I can't tell. There is plenty of cargo room.

Review Date: 16th September, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango SLT from North America

Summary:

It looks great, but the ride sad

My oil was leaking at 15,000 miles, a/c failed at 17,000 miles.

General Comments:

This Durango can handles the snow great. I love the way it looks, but I hate the ride.

Review Date: 11th June, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Best SUV I have ever owned

Had front upper ball joints replaced as a result of recall.

Underbody seems to be rusting faster than normal.

General Comments:

The comfort level is better than any SUV I have ever owned (Explorer, Blazer).

The gas mileage is poor, but I expected that.

Powerful engine and smooth transmission.

Handled the rust problem with an intensive undercoating treatment.

The 4-wheel Disc brakes hit the spot for driving in New York City.

Review Date: 24th May, 2005