2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4.7L V8 Magnum from North America

Summary:

Better then I ever expected

Nothing at this point in time. I have only had it for three days.

General Comments:

I have always wanted a Durango and after owning one I realized why. Yes, I have only had my Durango for three days, but I love it. I test drove many SUV's and found that the Durango has the best for me. It handles so well. I can go over a series of bumps in the road and I can't tell. There is plenty of cargo room.

Review Date: 16th September, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango SLT from North America

Summary:

It looks great, but the ride sad

My oil was leaking at 15,000 miles, a/c failed at 17,000 miles.

General Comments:

This Durango can handles the snow great. I love the way it looks, but I hate the ride.

Review Date: 11th June, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Best SUV I have ever owned

Had front upper ball joints replaced as a result of recall.

Underbody seems to be rusting faster than normal.

General Comments:

The comfort level is better than any SUV I have ever owned (Explorer, Blazer).

The gas mileage is poor, but I expected that.

Powerful engine and smooth transmission.

Handled the rust problem with an intensive undercoating treatment.

The 4-wheel Disc brakes hit the spot for driving in New York City.

Review Date: 24th May, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4.6 from North America

Summary:

Great for the whole family

Hub cap fell off at less than 3000 miles, but dealer replaced it.

General Comments:

This has been a very good SUV. Plenty of power. Lots of room. Tows a boat no problem.

Review Date: 9th May, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango sxt 4.7L V8 from North America

Summary:

It drives beautifully

No problems.

General Comments:

This is the nicest vehicle I have owned.Only complaint I have is the poor visibility at A Post. When in store parking lots, I have a little trouble seeing a person behind the A post (windshield) if they are walking across the parking lot. I either have to lean forward or back. Other than that; it's super nice!

Review Date: 1st March, 2005

2003 Dodge Durango sxt 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Good vehicle overall, dealer service needs improvement..

1 recall, windshield wiper motor replaced,8-2004..I had the problem shortly after purchase, of course the dealer couldn't find the problem at that time,.8 months later, there was a recall for the same problem..

General Comments:

I get much better mileage than I expected.,15 to 17 mpg city, and 18 to 20 mpg highway,.this is with a v-8 no less,.

The only change I have made is that I have changed all fluids over to AMSOIL synthetic lubricants.

I'm very happy with the vehicle;I'm not at all impressed with the dealer service..

Review Date: 16th August, 2004

2003 Dodge Durango SLT V8 from North America

Summary:

A Big Blue Hunk-O-Junk!

Head cylinder blew 4 times.

Fuel system had to be replaced.

Windshield wiper motor had to be replaced.

Headlights would not turn off.

Sputters when you turn it on, and not because it's cold out, even in the heat.

Recall on the ball joints, they wear prematurely.

AND ALL OF THIS HAD TO BE DONE AT UNDER 8000 MILES!

General Comments:

Luckily it is a lease so we are not stuck with this hunk of junk.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2004

24th Aug 2004, 20:54

Try a Ford, we had one, parts fell off of it going down the road! That is the truth! But we had a lot of laughs over it. Nothing like having to get out of your truck to pick up your Transmission. Lemons are everywhere.

17th Jan 2005, 23:47

I'm starting to think all these hate letters about dodges are just being made up by those Ford and Chevy guys, because I'm not having problem one with the 02' Intrepid or the 03' Durango, sooooooo???

What now???

26th Apr 2008, 15:28

I don't think in Chrysler's case there is such thing as a lemon. Every Chrysler product I have driven has been a chore. It's as though Chrysler designers took more time to make the car as cheap as possible to build while still making profit. I mean head gaskets blowing out at 8000 miles, transmissions and transfer cases out at 10,000 and interior plastics falling off out of nowhere. I don't know why people keep buying them. I have never owned a Chrysler product and there is a reason why. I am not even big on American cars, I don't have a favorite but I will say that I dislike Dodge the most. Bargain basement crap at Lexus-like prices.

22nd Dec 2008, 20:47

A family member won a Durango, and the car flipped over on her and her family while driving 55. Luckily no one was seriously hurt and they got the totaled car off the road before it caused anymore accidents. It's horrible in bad roads and should never be trusted driving in snow or ice. It is very top heavy and dangerous. We were very happy that no one was hurt and the Durango ended up were it belonged "in the dump" before it caused anymore accidents.