2003 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7 Hemi from North America

Summary:

Creature comforts with performance, quality...T.B.D

All lights failed to work properly before the vehicle made it home from the dealer. The entire power distribution module (relay box under the hood) had to be replaced.

General Comments:

Other than the initial electrical fiasco, this has been a great vehicle. The Hemi power is unsurpassed. The interior is very spacious, and handling is effortless. The Durango can turn around in two lanes, unlike my 2500 Ram P/U, which can block a 4-lane highway in an attempt to change directions.

Review Date: 7th July, 2004

8th Nov 2004, 20:57

I have a 2003 Dodge Durango and I have had problems with the Lights not going out when you turn them off, I have to turn them back on and then off again to make them go out; other than this, I really like my Durango.

26th Nov 2004, 21:52

Are you turning the lights off before, or after the ignition? If you turn the lights off last (after the ignition), the lights will remain on for 60 seconds.

18th Jan 2005, 00:03

If it is like my intrepid if you have keyless remote entry, if you turn the truck off before turning the lights off.

And then turn the lights off, the lights will stay on until you hit the door unlock button on the transmitter, I kind of wondered why it wasn't the door lock button, but at least I know how to get them to turn off immediately!!!

This of course is a safety feature so you can have lights guiding you to your front door, then you can turn them off without having to walk back to your car!!!

21st Nov 2009, 22:35

I bought a used 2003 Durango with 46,000 miles on it summer, 2009. I am very satisfied. It is replacing a Town and Country minivan, and we're liking it a lot.

Power, style, comfort... not as cushy as the minivan, but it is basically a truck.

I don't care about the 17 MPG - don't put on many miles, and not having to manufacture new vehicles save us all energy.

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4.7 from North America

Summary:

It rates a 9 out of 10 in my books

The check engine light came on, but when we took it in, it seemed that the gas cap had just not sealed properly. An easy fix.

General Comments:

We absolutely love our Durango and would recommend one to anyone looking for a large SUV. It handles beautifully, and my favorite feature is the heated leather seats. Makes me wonder why I sit in the house at all.

Review Date: 1st May, 2004

1st Aug 2005, 13:47

I would rate the 2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus a 3 out of 10.

Within 2 weeks of buying my car brand new the check engine light was coming on and the gauges showed it overheating. I returned the car to the dealership and didn't get it back for a week, they thought it was the water pump, then the thermostat and finally they replaced the radiator - this vehicle had 574 miles on it at this point, returned to me with an additional 275 miles for "test driving". I have continues to have problems with the windshield leaking, wipers not shutting off/coming on, gauges going haywire (OK if shut engine off/on again). Latest is that the Durango was towed back to the dealer on Saturday - MIL came on I could reverse, but going into Drive the engine clunked and shut off. Latest from the dealer shop is that it's a Transmission Celliniod Pack that needs replacing - at 37071 miles! Love the look of my 2003, and when it works it's a dream SUV, but the problems and repairs mean I will never buy any Dodge make again.

2003 Dodge Durango SLT plus from North America

Summary:

A vehicle you will fall in love with!

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with our Durango. I couldnt be happier with it.

General Comments:

Acceleration is amazing and it handles like a dream. It corners beautifully. Once you try the seats out, you might prefer them to actually sitting in your house on the couch! Great sound system. It gets a 10 in my books.

Review Date: 20th December, 2003