2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L from North America
Poor design - poor construction - poor overall quality
- Both cupholders on middle Stow-n-Go seats broke shortly after car purchase.
- Tilt wheel mechanism broke at 14000 miles.
- Electronics randomly go haywire requiring computer reset by dealer.
- Power sliding doors sometime refuse to open as if parental override switch set (which it is not). Turning off car and re-starting usually fixes problem.
- A/C evaporator line leak through firewall behind front passenger carpet area developed at around 50000 miles - mold everywhere!
- Final straw - engine gave up the ghost at 83000 miles (infamous oil starvation problem discussed on various Net blogs).
Out of warranty. Currently looking into replacing engine with re-manufactured unit just to facilitate unloading for small net gain!
Will never buy Dodge again...
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 20th May, 2010