2000 Dodge Intrepid from North America

My electrical system went haywire, causing the car to shut off while in use.

My oil system (then engine) failed due to an admitted failed oil pump design. They expect consumers to shoulder the cost of their new designed pump and replacement cost of 1,500.

The seat broke.

The window motors died and the windows still don't roll up smoothly..

General Comments:

This car is on its way to a class action law suit that I need to be in on.

The transmission has felt like it has wanted to die since 50,0000 miles.

The electrical problem is also very common and is surely due to another design flaw in this model.

Review Date: 8th November, 2005

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 6 cynlinder from North America

Body is bad, engine is great

Performance is great.

Body of car is flawed.

All four door molding shrinks both rubber and plastic causing gaps and tears and allows air to come in and out of the car even with door shut.

Plastic parts in moon roof crack over time and break causing moon roof to be inactive.

Auto windows break over time as do door handles and auto door locks.

General Comments:

Good handling and overall performance.

An indemand car for performance.

Review Date: 25th October, 2005

5th Nov 2005, 18:59

I could not agree more with the comments about the door trim. I did not notice any gaps until my warranty was up. The electric locks and electric windows on this car are terrible. I have had each repaired at least 3 times in 6 years.

2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 from North America

I like this vehicle

Front end inner tie rods @ 30,000

Right side door electric door lock @ 10,000 miles

Fuel injector on #1 @ 36,000.

General Comments:

I have had good results with this vehicle. Handles good and get good mpg.

Review Date: 22nd October, 2005

2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 from North America

Junk...compensation is owed!

Had the same problem with the door locks that many others have experienced. Dealer fixed them under warranty.

No other problems of any sort until two weeks ago. Drove the car 4 miles and parked it, came out to leave and it wouldn't start. Had it towed to the dealer and found the engine was shot due to "oil sludge". Dealer said they've never seen anything like it and have no idea how it could've happened. Car was well maintained. Thought the problem was something I did until I read the postings on this website. We were told that a new motor would run $5500, which was about what the car was worth. Unfortunately, I traded the car on a new vehicle... lost about $4,000 in the process. I will be adding my name to the list for class-action suit, what a joke this ordeal has been.

General Comments:

Loved the space and looks, but there were MANY problems with design and motor.

Review Date: 19th October, 2005

6th Nov 2005, 09:31

We have a 2000 Interpid. We loved it until we had the same oil sludge problem. That was 4 months ago. A friend of ours is fixing it, but is having many problem. It is all put back together, but now it will not start. We have no idea why and our very frustrated because we have a monthly payment on a vehicle that is a piece of junk. When ever it finally runs, we are trading it in on something else, and it will NOT be a Dodge.

25th Apr 2007, 11:15

Is the last comment from a senior officer of the DaimlerChrysler Corporation?

2000 Dodge Intrepid LS 2.7L V6 from North America

Dodge Intrepid is "The Money Pit"

Air conditioning compressor - 25k miles.

Brakes - 30k miles.

Tierods - 40k miles.

New Engine - 55k miles.

Weather stripping - Once a year, have replaced nearly all of them.

Ignition Cylinder - 66k miles.

Power Door Locks - 66k miles.

Timing Belt - 66k miles.

So many other failures on this car I'd have to pull the paperwork out. This is about half in the 3 years I've owned it.

General Comments:

The Dodge Intrepid is long on looks and short on quality.

Dodge went to make a fine looking vehicle and used the absolute cheapest components they could find.

Nearly as much money has been spent on fixing the mechanical problems of this vehicle than the original purchase price.

I'm milking this thing along for another year to replace it with a Ford vehicle I plan to buy from my company. If you want to know what this car is like, watch the movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks. Whatever can go wrong with this junk car will go wrong with this junk car. I rue the day it ever pulled into my garage and began stealing money from me.

The Dodge Intrepid is a black rat hole that you will constantly pour your money into. Make sure to save ALL your receipts, you're going to need them I guarantee.

Review Date: 31st August, 2005

6th Oct 2005, 08:42

T-h-e-y a-r-e b-o-t-h v-e-r-y c-o-s-t-l-y p-i-e-c-e-s o-f j-u-n-k. There, hopefully spelling it out causes a synapse to fire upstairs.