2004 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 L from North America

Summary:

Terrible

Tie rod ends needed replacement (82,000).

Needed new calipers at 85,000.

Needed new master cylinder at 85,000.

Starter went out at 90,000.

Sides started rusting in 2010.

Driver's window went off track in 2010.

Climate control recently became sluggish (within the last year).

General Comments:

This car has been nothing but problems and a money sink.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2013

21st Jun 2013, 16:57

So you owned it for 4 years, and these were the only issues? That's pretty much wear and tear stuff. I'd say it's actually been a great car.

2004 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 from North America

Let's see. I have an 04 Intrepid, biggest mistake of my life. Spend more time fixing than driving it.

Broken down again as of now. Has only 90,000 on it. Bought it a couple of months ago, never in my life have I owned a lemon like this.

After reading the problems everyone else has had, now I know Dodge is a lemon, and no way in hell would I ever buy another car from those idiots again!!!

Review Date: 4th October, 2009

4th Oct 2009, 17:18

If you had checked the reviews before you purchased this car, you would have seen the 2.7l engine is defective. If you had purchased this vehicle with the 3.5l, it would have been an awesome car - one of the best large cars available.

5th Oct 2009, 04:52

A year back I considered buying one, I still am, but all this talking of problems has temporarily put me off.

Currently I'm considering a really low mileage (18 K miles!!) example, but this is probably too pricey. Was offered one for $800, having a reasonable 110 K miles on the clock, but it had a shot transmission and a ton of other problems. Seller just wanted the car off his front yard.

One of the sharpest looking cars around, and drives really well too, but the quality is just a complete joke. Problem is that the quality problems do not seem to be narrowed down to a specific year or engine type. They all seem bad, with the 2.7 L as the scary option. Revvy and good on fuel when they run, but this engine really has it's fair share of problems: Valve chain tension problems, oil blockages since the whole oil feeding system is very weak, sludging on some engines, a lot of head/valve problems, head gaskets, overheating problems, premature wear on the crank shaft, intake problems (weak sealing). I've studied the matter well and every person in the trade I've talked with say the 2.7 is a problem. Don't get surprised if the engine starts to act up at below 100 K, and be lucky if it lasts 150 K. This engine seldom sees 200 K. I talked with a Chrysler/Dodge mechanic and he said he had never seen a 2.7 go past 200 K without any problems.

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.5 from North America

Summary:

I love this car

Check engine light came on at 50,000 miles and is still problematic. Replaced a couple of sensors and the problem is still there. When I tok delivery of the car the wind shield wiper pump was not checked and was failed. Otherwise the car has been very good to me.

General Comments:

Car is comfortable, good looking, and practical. Interior controls and features are reliable and appropriately placed.

Review Date: 24th October, 2008

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L from North America

Summary:

Problematic

My driver side window had to be replaced. My engine started acting up @ 70,000 miles.

General Comments:

It looks nice and is comfortable, but the engine is nothing but problems.

Review Date: 29th January, 2007

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7 from North America

Summary:

Very problemmatic with a few miles on it

In 2005. had to have the transmission sensors replaced twice. now the cam sensor in 8/2006. again I am having problem with the car running may be the cam sensor again??

General Comments:

When we first got the car thought it was great good looks decent performance.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2006

2nd Oct 2006, 13:42

Whatever you do, change that oil often and use a synthetic blend... the 2.7 is notorious for sludge build up.