1989 Dodge Raider 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Awesome

I just replaced the starter.

Also replaced the clutch, water pump, and fuel filter.

General Comments:

I love my Raider, but am forced to sell because my commute is 123 miles a day.

Review Date: 11th April, 2009

1988 Dodge Raider SUV 2.6 from North America

Summary:

A mule

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

I am very impressed with the performance. I know it's a Mitsubishi Pajero and I love it.

On my jeep I had lockers plus 6 cylinder engine, and I think they are very similar in power.

I've been a Jeep owner for years. I belong to a Jeep club in Mexico; they will be surprised when I show up with my little tank.

Review Date: 25th January, 2009

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0 V6 from Mexico

Summary:

If God were a SUV he'd be a 89 RAIDER!

Flat tire.

General Comments:

An outstanding rig! I live in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta, and live on a jungle mountain where it rains a lot in the summer. Most unpaved roads are impassible due to mud. But this Raider is unbelievable in the mud! It goes where other rigs only dream.

We bought the Raider from a guy visiting Mexico and convinced him to sell it to me for $1,700. When I opened up the hood it looked mint! 4+4 never used! Not a dent or anything else wrong with it. WE SO SCORED! I am going to spare no cost upgrading it for extreme outback traveling.

Review Date: 22nd August, 2008

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0 V6 from North America

Summary:

A truly awesome truck that you will never want to give up

My engine was smoking on start up when I bought the truck. The smoke was due to worn valve seals and two worn valves. These were soon replaced when I had the heads rebuilt. At the same time I replaced the water pump and timing belt.

The truck initially had a hard pull to the right due to a bad brake caliper. I ended up replacing the brake hoses, calipers, wheel cylinders, drums, rotors, master cylinder, pads, & shoes.

I replaced the Michelin tires with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires. These tires are excellent. They have an unbelievable grip in all weather conditions (rain, snow, mud, dry pavement) plus they look great on the Raider.

My oil pressure is registering low on the oil gauge, but it has been like that for the past four years. I replaced the oil sending switch, but that did not help. I think the oil gauge is faulty.

The engine still runs like a champ. There is no knocking, ticking or any other noises coming from the engine. I change my oil and filter every 3,000 miles and I add a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer every 6,000 miles.

General Comments:

I bought my Raider as a second vehicle. After driving the truck for a short time, I quickly decided to use it as my main vehicle and I stopped driving my Explorer.

This truck is a blast to drive. It handles very well and has a great turning radius. I was amazed at how rugged this truck is made and how much protection it has covering the entire drive-train.

The truck is exceptional in 4-wheel drive. Once the wheels lock (and the wheel lock light comes on), the truck can crawl out of anything. It is great in the snow and in mud.

The truck is strong too, especially with the 3.0 V6. I had pulled a 6.5' x 15' enclosed cargo trailer from MA to NJ, for over 400 miles, and the truck was ready for more.

I just recently installed power door locks, a remote car starter/alarm, HD/AM/FM/CD radio, and a navigation system. The next install will be cruise control.

I would not part with this truck for anything. It is the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. It starts every time no matter how cold it is outside. It is so unique and so much fun to drive. Long live the Dodge Raiders.

Review Date: 5th January, 2008