1988 Dodge Raider 2.6L from North America

Summary:

Off Road Beast

When I was at about 220000km the timing went on it.

Then the water pump went twice.

General Comments:

I love this truck, it can really go though anything that is put in front of it.

However the acceleration is a bit slow.

Review Date: 9th November, 2004

1987 Dodge Raider from North America

Good

I wrecked the S-10.

General Comments:

The Dodge Raider seems OK for now. Does anyone know where I can find a lift kit if one is available. Thanks

Review Date: 8th November, 2004

31st Jan 2011, 11:47

There is no lift kits for these cars. We had to design our own.

1989 Dodge Raider V6 from North America

Summary:

Great classic-style 4x4!

General Comments:

The Raider is a great old-fashioned 4x4, in the mold of the Toyota Land Cruiser. Dodge dealer support stinks, but parts are easily found in the aftermarket or your local Mitsubishi dealer (Raider is really a Montero). Very reliable machine if you keep basic maintenance up to date. An excellent buy (get the V6 and stick shift for the best Raider).

Review Date: 30th October, 2004

1st Nov 2004, 06:32

V6 was not available in Raider until 1989, the last year it was sold in US.

1987 Dodge Raider 2 Door 2.6L I4 from North America

Summary:

Excellent through anything you or mother nature can throw at it

Fuel pump was replaced at 198000 when I first bought the car for a measaly $500 Dollars.

I had a problem where the frame rotted through and the shock mount broke off, but I had that welded back on for $100 dollars and she is back on the road.

I replaced the valve cover gasket at 198000 because it had a mild leak.

General Comments:

When I first purchased my Raider the idea was to make it my second vehicle because I was heading to college and my Dodge Charger was no longer practicl. A few cheap fixes and she has been golden for 8 thousand miles in only 3 months. I think the clutch is on its way out, but I believe I can baby it for a few thousand more miles, but other than that the car is absolutely nothing, but reliable I would definitely buy another one!

Review Date: 27th September, 2004

1988 Dodge Raider from North America

Summary:

It's A Great Sporty, Reliable, Fun Vehicle

Well I believe it is the catalytic converter, cause it was fine up till now, spits and sputters and black smoke with it acting like it is clogged, it loses power then regains it so I have been through this before with a Malibu. MY converter will cost me $89, unless I just have a straight pipe in place of it, then it will be $25 but it was sitting for 2 yrs prior to driving it so it just needs the kinks out of it then it should be OK. I have the windshield wiper to fix and the 2 spark plugs are heat coiled in, but all in all, it is nice I like it.

General Comments:

My Cousin owned it prior to me, and the only thing she replaced on it was tires.. it has been very reliable for her for many years, and then she put it in storage after her hubby bought her a new truck for a anniversary present, she didn't want to let it go, but when I heard she finally would sell it, I jumped at the chance. She always babied it, it rusted in the area of the windshield wiper while in storage, but that will be $50 to fix that, she never fixed it, but I will, Now that it is mine.

Review Date: 19th August, 2004

1988 Dodge Raider Sport 2.6 gasoline from Guatemala

Summary:

An Outstanding match for the Guatemalan roads

I had to replace the valves soon after I got it.

I had to replace the front suspension, which was really difficult, since the mechanical parts of the suspension I bought them at a Mitsubishi dealer, but the Shocks are specific for that car.

It takes a long time for the engine to warm up, otherwise the engine will hesitate on acceleration and will consume a great deal of fuel.

General Comments:

I liked the car the moment I saw it, and knew right away that it was what I wanted. I have taken it to really rough places here in Guatemala, and it handles great.

Besides, it is very comfortable and easy to maneuver in the city. Perhaps the only problem right now is the high prices of fuel, which is forcing me to plan an engine change, I am thinking of a 2.8 turbo diesel inter-cooler engine, from a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero.

Review Date: 12th June, 2004

6th Jun 2005, 14:13

HEY! I have a raider also... and it spends a lot of gasoline... if you find two diesel motors or if you know where I can get one I would be thankful.

My email is vgabaldon@gmail.com.

Thank you!

7th Jul 2009, 22:46

Hello my friend, I'm sorry I'm replying till today, but I failed to see your comment earlier. In the end I sold the vehicle (pity) and bought a Tercel, which disappointed me greatly. But if it's of any use for you, you can find nice used japanese motors here in Guatemala. Regards, keep well.