1994 Dodge Spirit Reviews - Page 5 of 5

First year of ownership1998
Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.5 liter Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Celebrity

Summary:

Nice car for the few months it ran without having problems!?

#1) Head Gasket... Twice.

#2) Transmission shifted poorly, usually during acceleration.

#3) Front brake rotors became warped.

#4) Electical: ignition switch.

General Comments:

Consumer Reports said that problem #1 and problem #3 had a good chance of happening. What Consumer Reports failed to mention was the difficulty one has with the dealerships executing said repairs while the car is under the 7/70,000 mile warranty.

Two of the three dealers said there was little or no trouble with the car... #1 & #2 or the results from tests performed on the Dodge Spirit were erroneously reported to Chrysler, thus causing Chrysler to forego said repairs. I'll never purchase another Chrysler product!!!

Review Date: 30th November, 2000

30th Jan 2001, 10:45

I have a 94 Dodge Spirit, 2.5 litre 4 cylinder without overdrive. Since purchasing it in 1999, I have had to replace the radiator, the transmission twice, the head gasket, and the driver side half shaft.

Front brake pads and rotors were done when I purchased the car.

Driver's side rotor went bad after 6 months. Also had the pick up coil replaced twice.

Currently, I am having problems with a drastic decrease in gas mileage. Have replaced the O2 sensor and fuel filter, but no improvement. But at least it has a good stereo.

14th Apr 2004, 08:50

I have a 1994 Dodge Spirit V6. I bought the car two years ago and have only had a few problems. I've had to change the water pump and the rear makes a noise that it has had since before I bought the car. It does not lose any oil and does not smoke. The tranny shifts fine. This car was used for volunteer firefighter calls and is driven pretty hard. It is driven to school, work, all the business I have to take care of and out of town no more than a hundred miles. It still runs great.