1992 Eagle Talon Reviews - Page 2 of 13

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 2.0 DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 DOHC Automatic
Previous carPlymouth Neon

Summary:

DAMN

I just bought this eagle talon I was told that the waste gate actuator wasn't working so I replaced it and the car runs even worse now. So I took the new item off and it runs fine again, but I want to be able to use my Turbo. Please help its as if there is no suction that moves the waste gate because when I push the throttle it doesn't move. Does anybody know what the problem could be? Please email me any ideas. Thank You

Josh

Hitoproofingllc@yahoo.com.

General Comments:

I know the car has potential Just looking for the problem to make a real head turner or atleast make some stupid little hondas feel stupid.

Review Date: 11th September, 2006

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 2.0 turbo DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo DOHC Manual
Distance when acquired142000 kilometres
Previous carEagle Talon

Summary:

Fast car, treat it good and it's good to you!

Nothing.

General Comments:

Just bought my 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. It has 142K kms on it, first owner, mint condition, $7000 cnd.

This car is amazing, pulls hard, runs great, gas is HORRIBLE if you're WOT all the time (Wide Open Throttle). But drive it like a good little car, and it's good.

These cars are amazing; with a new turbo, manifold, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, and manual boost controller, you can hit 300 AWHP easily. The bottom end is safe till about 450 hp; after that you need to think about doing some upgrades.

The biggest problem is the timing belt; they snap, and warp heads and bend valves. If you're buying a broken one, check this first.

Any questions, email me at dsm_tuner_@msn.com

Review Date: 15th March, 2006

10th May 2006, 21:42

I have a 17 year old daughter and we are buying her a used car and this is the type of car she wants. She has found one and wants her dad to look at it when he gets home next week, it is an automatic what is your comment on this car for a young driver?

1992 Eagle Talon Turbo from North America

Year of manufacture1991
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission Manual
Most recent distance120000 miles
Previous carEagle Astro Van

Summary:

Speedy.. sporty... what more can I say?

Only thing wrong with the car was my transmission went and so did the clutch, but it was an older car and the clutch was bound to go out sometime with a manual transmission.

General Comments:

I loved this car. My father bought it for me to learn on. It was a stick shift and it was very fast and fun to drive. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Review Date: 30th December, 2005

1992 Eagle Talon 16v DOHC 2.0 from North America

Year of manufacture1991
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Nice looking, quick little car with many problems

I bought this car after my cavalier got writ in off. Since I have owned the car, I've had the computer go ($300), 2 flat tires, the back left Hub replaced, both front wheel bearings replaced, a leak in the power steering, new alternator, new battery, and the dash lights don't work. I've only put 13,000/kilometers on this car.

General Comments:

I've seen Talons do 13sec in the 1/4. I had high hopes to tune this car up and make it quicker, but in 13,000kms and this many problems, I can't afford to pay attention.

Very disappointed in my investment.

Review Date: 4th October, 2005

1992 Eagle Talon TSi 2.0L turbo from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0L turbo Automatic
Most recent distance182000 kilometres
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Pure Power Lots of Potential Fun to Drive

Alternator just went timing belt almost snapped, but it because a screw was stuck in the timing belt cover. Exhaust gasket was replaced. All new wires plugs fluids etc routine maintenance.

Stay Away from mechanics try fixing whatever you can yourself buy a repair manual for the car take the time to fix it. Put news belt on it change all the fluids and old hoses and you can save yourself headache and money in the long run.

General Comments:

This car is unlike any other I have ever driven. When it runs the engine roars the car drives firm and when the turbo kicks in it scare any car away of compete with the best out there. It is no doubt a head turner where ever it is driven. People always ask what kind of car is this and when they hear the engine they are taken aback and the pure sound almost comparable to a porche. High maintenance car and you have to be able to repair a lot of things yourself or else you can spend a fortune paying greedy mechanics. I will not ever trade this car for anything else it just rules and with $2000 you can make this car 350-400 hp easily and not pay high insurance, but at the same time still be able to race with porches and corvettes. Believe me when I say this car can handle the power.

Review Date: 25th September, 2005

16th Aug 2007, 21:05

How can you get 350 to 400 horsepower out of your talon TSI motor with only $2000?