1987 Ford Falcon Reviews - Page 8 of 8

1987 Ford Falcon S - Pak 250 Crossflow Gen II from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1987
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 250 Crossflow Gen II Automatic

Summary:

A very fast, affordable icon

My power steering box leaks sometimes and the head builds up lots of oil sludge if not changed at every service. Nothing else has gone wrong.

General Comments:

I changed the setup completely on mine. It was already great, but I put on roller rockers, lowered the overall height and added a shift kit to my auto transmission.

I drag off VL Commodores at the lights, which is my main achievement, but the big one is the paintwork. Totally original, not a scratch.

My car is king of the XF world.

Review Date: 29th August, 2001

15th Oct 2001, 00:34

My car is a XF Falcon Sedan with a 250xflow 5 speed manual (t5), lowered suspension, 245 Hankook tyres and all round gunmetall grey metallic paint. Sports exhausts and extractors with a stage 2 cam.

My XF is very fast and beats the Holden 253 V8s and most VL Commodores.

1987 Ford Falcon XF 4.1 EFI from Australia and New Zealand

Year of manufacture1987
First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 4.1 EFI Manual
Distance when acquired220000 kilometres
Previous carAlfa Romeo 33

Summary:

A high performance cheapy

I blew the differential as many burnouts were achieved. I opted for a bigger 9 inch and had no problems with it.

General Comments:

I never got beaten in this car. I raced many a turbo chariot. And still never got beaten. No Commodore could match the power of my MANUAL XF.

I have since driven the automatic ones which make it feel like a different car, and the extractors and head work that I had done made the car.

On a wet night I ripped a 4th gear burnout... I was impressed.

Review Date: 17th July, 2001

25th Jul 2001, 04:22

You're right about the mad XF. I own an 85 model. Auto but still flies. Bets VL Turbos and stuff like that. On ya mate.

23rd Aug 2001, 06:50

I just bought an '85 XF Falcon for my first car and, mate, I am so impressed. Spacious, luxurious and damn tuff. My first burnout was a pear-la, I was coming round a corner near my place and let her rip, to say I haven't done any mods to it (yet) it still left a decent mark. On ya FORD.