1994 Ford Fiesta Mistral (Special Edition) 1.3 injection petrol from UK and Ireland

Airbag warning light kept coming on! Problem was finally traced to a loose wire! New clutch, twice, as first replacement one was faulty, that's it.

General Comments:

My third Fiesta, I'm a Driving Instructor, so considering the mileage I clockup, the few niggly problems I've had, show what a good car it is.

Other Fiestas were a 1986 1.6 Popular Plus Diesel and a 1990 1.1 L, both gave no major problems, apart from a little carb trouble with the 1.1. The diesel was a little noisy, as is my current 1.3 when revved. I recently drove a MK1 1.3 Ghia, and that was nicer to drive!

The Mistral is well equiped with Sunroof, Rev-counter, Velour Sports Seats, Driver's Air bag, rear tailgate spoiler, colour-coded bumpers and Metallic Paint.

Passenger Air-Bag was optional.

Review Date: 31st May, 1998

15th Sep 2005, 08:48

I brought a ford fiesta 1.3 mistral 4 weeks ago and I have had nothing, but problems with it.

I have had many fiestas and this is the first time I have come across such bad luck with a car.

Here is a list of problems:

Water leak

Hole in the Petrol tank

The car broke down and needed a new battery, alternator and carburetor.

There is a major problem with the steering and I nearly crashed driving the car and managed to stop with out hitting anything! I don't know what the problem is with the steering at the moment, but it doesn't work!

The mileage has been clocked at some point.

I like fiestas and have found they just keep going, until now!

I have learned from this experience and will be buying a new car soon, but not a fiesta boo ho.

3rd Nov 2005, 11:45

After the bad experience with the ford fiesta, I decided to buy a Vauxhall Astra M reg for £600 and fingers crossed the car has run really well. Excellent on petrol and for a 1.6 it goes really well. After such bad luck with the fiesta I have happily found my car so it's not all bad.

1994 Ford Fiesta LX 1.1i petrol from UK and Ireland

Easier to knock the tracking out of line than in other cars.

There are a few different versions of the 1.1i LX for 1993/4 (L reg) which use different components in various places. Most notably, it took 3 attempts to have the correct replacement shock absorbers put in!

General Comments:

Reliable, nice enough to drive - could do with a bit more poke.

I'm happy with it doing 30K a year of mostly motorway driving, though.

Review Date: 19th October, 1997