2000 Ford Fiesta Reviews - Page 3 of 16

2000 Ford Fiesta zetec 1.25 from UK and Ireland

Previous carFord Fiesta

Summary:

Cheap to buy - Very costly to maintain

Faulty rear wiper motor (which strangely failed on the previous model fiesta too) Front bushes result in whole lower wishbones needed to be replaced, Poor paint finish in the rear spoiler (2 so far have blistered)

General Comments:

I do enjoy driving my current Fiesta, the Zetec engine is a great unit - revvy and economical too.

Overall Build quality is average, with some rather annoying rattles from the tailagte which none of the services have been able to rectify.

Other minor faults become expensive main dealer repairs.

Review Date: 9th October, 2004

2000 Ford Fiesta LX z-tech from Trinidad and Tobago

Engine and transmission z-tech Automatic

Summary:

A nice car spoiled by the dealer service

After three months, the break light came on, the dealer said nothing was wrong, two weeks after breaks were so low they were down to the rotors. When I took it back to the dealer they said it was "my driving" and I had to pay a couple thousand dollars for the brakes and rotors to be replaced. Two weeks after, the break light comes on again, turns out it was a leak in the breaklines.

When it rains, it leaks between the window on the driver's side, dealer replaced rubbers, but problem persisted.

Driver's side window stiff.

Passenger side aircon ventilator cracked.

Sun visor came off in my hand when trying to adjust.

Gas tank lock keeps sticking, the key sometimes can't come out.

Breaks just don't seem to hold, the dealer insists that that is how they are.

Upholstery stitching is coming apart.

Upholstery on roof is coming down, was replaced under warranty.

General Comments:

If it weren't for my having to deal with the dealer for Ford, this car might not have been such a nightmare. Apparently, this car was in storage for quite some time before I bought it and it has suffered serious dry rot as a result. I had some inside information that these cars in Trinidad were really recalls, which is why there are only five in the country and the dealer fixed the problem and sold them anyway, my emails and calls to the Ford motor company to confirm this have been fruitless.

The car was in a serious accident which could have been prevented had it not been for those brakes which I have been complaining about forever now. It has been pronounced a write off (although the damage is not bad), but the insurance wants me to take the salvage and minus it from my check. Why? it appears that the insurance company is fed up of accepting salvages as the ford dealer cannot get the parts for any of their less popular vehicles, and must import parts on special order from the UK, making it uneconomical to fix. so now I have a fight on my hands, but I'm not paying for the dealer's sins.

Despite all, I really liked the way the car handled and I loved the smooth ride, didn't get any engine trouble for the three years I had it, and I would buy one again if I was living in the UK or a country where parts were easier to get.

Review Date: 19th September, 2004

2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6i Zetec from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.6i Zetec Manual
Distance when acquired22000 miles
Previous carFord Fiesta

Summary:

Beautiful car, but check thoroughly before you buy

The boot bracket became loose (looked like a bolt was missing) and eventually damaged inside bodywork.

Power steering cable was rubbing against the drive shaft.

Small, but regular brake fluid leak.

Upholstery on seat wearing badly.

Leather covering on steering wheel also beginning to wear badly.

Clicking noise from front wheels when driving over bumps (Ford don't know what this is)

General Comments:

The car looks absolutely stunning and turns loads of heads, but after three months its build quality is really starting to show.

I have had lots of small annoying problems with it such as leaks and many minor parts have needed replacing.

Other than that the car runs well and has plenty of power for a Fiesta. The acceleration is impressive and the gearbox is nice and tight. Although taller drivers may struggle with gear changes initially.

The handling is particularly good especially on windy roads.

Seats are very comfy and interior is nice.

Stereo system is a little disappointing and needs much more power.

Review Date: 6th October, 2003

11th Mar 2005, 13:12

Just want to make a remark on what you were saying about the knocking noise from the front wheels,well I had a knocking coming from mine on a Thursday morning and by the Thursday night I put it into a tree with loss of steering on a roundabout, police investigations found no fault, but I'm sure this knocking was to blame so go back to ford and get nasty to them about that noise other wise you could end up like me, facing life in a wheel chair aged 30

THANKS FORD.