2004 Ford Focus Zetec TDCi 1.8 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland
Too much pain, too little gain!
Fuel injectors needed replacing at 90k, which cost over £1000.
Clutch went at 93k, costing over £600.
I put petrol in the diesel engine by accident at 95k and drove it 10 miles. Had the engine drained with no further issues.
I bought this car on the strength of the recommendations of several people who I shall not be listening to again.
* The car is quite fast, in a straight line.
* The CD player is OK.
* It looks quite sporty.
* Good on the motorway.
* The drivers seat is too high up - even when wound down to the lowest level.
* The power steering is awful and has an unsettling 'elastic' feel to it.
* The cabin takes ages to warm up.
* Fuel economy is not great, although I do drive it quite hard.
* Stalls easily.
* Hates being driven slow. Don't even try to get out of 3rd gear unless doing more than 30mph.
* Poor clutch design means expensive clutch parts.
* Expensive fuel injectors.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 25th January, 2010