2008 Ford Fusion Reviews - Page 3 of 4

Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Most recent distance12000 miles
Previous carDodge Intrepid

Summary:

I LOVE this car more than any I've owned!

The left trunk air pressure pump stopped working, but was replaced under warranty. Trunk works fine now.

General Comments:

I absolutely LOVE this car! It is great for our family of four (which includes 2 car seats for young children.) It was also my college graduation gift for 1 year because my husband paid the payments for that last year.

We have not had any problems and we have had it for about a year now. It rides very smoothly, steer great, handles bumps with ease, and is comfy on long trips.

I love the style and look, inside and out. I have received numerous compliments on the car's appearance and ride/handling for those who drive it (my family).

The stereo and 6 disc CD changer is convenient and easy to manipulate while driving without your eyes off the road. There are hardly any blind spots.

The car has a sporty appearance including a spoiler, redfire metallic paint, nice front end and grille and sleek design. All the commercials you typically see on the TV or hear on the radio are true!

However, the gas mileage isn't as great as we thought it would be in town. It gets about 20 mpg, but that's still better than what our 2004 Dodge Intrepid had. On highway, it will get about 29 to 30 or more mpg.

Review Date: 23rd May, 2009

27th May 2009, 20:19

We have the exact same car as you, right down to the paint color. We love ours too. I was surprised, however, to see that you are only getting 20 mpg in town. Our driving is about 50/50 town and highway and we constantly average between 27.7 and 28.5. Ours now has 22,000+ miles with not one single complaint.

2008 Ford Fusion 4 cylinder 2.3 liters gasoline from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 2.3 liters gasoline Automatic
Previous carFord Mondeo

Summary:

Good, could be better

Nothing.

General Comments:

Before buying Fusion I tested 2 other cars: Camry and Altima. I intended also a Sonata but we have no dealer in town.

Camry: style, I felt a bit bald, very similar with Honda and Hyundai. Brakes soft and transmission only with 4 gears. Not impressive. Did not convince me.

Altima: gearbox is outstanding in manual mode. Very punchy. Big problems with brakes: model '07 had no ABS. At 40 miles/h I put long rubber on road with a terrible noise. I was sliding with front wheels completely blocked for 20 yards. I rejected the car, was dangerous. I ordered a 2008, came with ABS and +1000 $ more expensive. Brakes still put rubber in front, back brakes very soft. I was in doubt. Finally the dealer was not was I expected and I went to Ford.

I tested a Fusion 2.3 liters used, without ABS very balanced car, very good brakes. Another used, 3 liters engine and leather good and very quick. I ordered my car: 2.3 liters, automatic gearbox, ABS, basic trim. Brakes too much on front wheels and plunging a bit, engine noise high (tappets), also the exhaust noisy in front.

Came from another state on wheels, 28 miles/gal not bad for a new engine. In town takes a lot of gas, I think if I reach 20 m/g I am happy. I have 1000 miles now, we will see.

Sound system amazing, is the best of the whole car.

Now about this model, because is a bit of confusion here: this car in designed by Ford Europe and named Mondeo there. Was originally built in Germany starting in 2000, and assembled in Belgium. Is a European model and I would smile to the comment of one reader that he has to wait another 5 years to buy an American car. Sorry man, this is European. Anyway, the model was built till 2007 and was discontinued. Another Mondeo is there, looks like Peugeot 407, personally I dislike.

This car has been designed on computer and was a high rigidity platform. I drove the European model and quality is far superior, very well bolted together. This southern neighbor's make is a bit soft.

Review Date: 17th August, 2008

17th Nov 2008, 17:39

1000 Miles.

City driving 14 mpg scary

Very noisy engine

Very sensitive with the gas, didn't work well with CO85 Knock with Enmark 85 that is higher than 83 recommended by maker

Happy with BP 93.

3000 miles

Less noise, engine ran in

Highway 24-28 mpg far from advertisement

Oil change

All bolts under body tightened less leaning and better driving.

Good brakes