1998 Ford Ka 2 from UK and Ireland - Comments

28th Dec 2010, 16:58

Hi, I've got an S reg 1998 Ka2. I've had it a couple of months, and not too good with cars. Since having my car, when coming to a stop, it makes a loud revving noise when my foot isn't on the accelerator, is this my engine over revving itself?

Also, when reversing now and again, my clutch would feel as if it's getting stuck, and my gearstick would be stuck in reverse, and would need quite a hard pull to get it out and then stall. From this, now my clutch has gone all floppy, and a liquid has come out of the bottom of the car? Could anybody tell me what the problem is, and how much this could cost?

Thanks.

7th Apr 2011, 14:23

I had the problem with the revving. But it only cost me £30 to get fixed. It's not anything major, so don't worry about it too much.

6th Jul 2011, 06:06

Hi.

How much did it cost to get the water tank replaced?

Thanks.

12th Aug 2011, 14:39

Well I have the same car. It's the most reliable car I have ever owned. Very cheap on fuel. It has never broken down in 6 years. You must just have a bad one. I'm up to 82000 miles on mine; never missed a beat.

31st Jul 2012, 11:53

Hi, I have a 2002 Ford Ka. I have owned it for 6 years, and it has now done 143,000 miles! Used it very hard, carried all my work tools all around the country, including the odd cement mixer! I kid you not!

Never had any real issues; just a couple of broken suspension springs (too much weight in it!), a coil pack (a right pig to change!), and the driver's door lock will not unlock from outside.

In all, not too serious, and I am well happy, as it's great fun to drive, you can park it anywhere, and it's great in the snow too! Does 40-55 MPG, and cruises at 80+ on the motorway. Will definitely get another when it dies!

21st Sep 2012, 07:45

It's called a heater matix.

21st Dec 2012, 18:50

I am wondering if you found out what the cause of your car problem was? I'm having a similar problem, as every time I brake a little, the car stalls. I recently had a new clutch fitted, as my old one burnt out, I've also had rewiring done since my indicator and lights went crazy due to an earthing problem. Now my Ford Ka keeps stalling when I brake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

14th Feb 2013, 04:26

Hi there, I have just been looking at some of the troubleshooting on here, and came to your comments. How easy was it removing the throttle body, as am ready to take my girlfriend's off her 2002 Ka? I have got carb and throttle body cleaner, and got new jubilee clips, as I know trying to put the original clips back on is a pain.

It has 70 odd thousand miles, it's had a full brand new exhaust system fitted, but is occasionally stalling, which I thought was just her driving ha ha, but I have looked and there are 2 sensors on these. The one on top of the manifold and lower down in the engine. I am considering buying them both if the throttle body clean out doesn't work.

Thanks, as finding your comment, even from 2006, has been very useful in direction with this.

16th Feb 2013, 03:18

The stalling is probably the crankshaft sensor, mate!

12th Apr 2013, 15:38

Not putting your foot on the clutch ? ;)

Add another comment