2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 from Netherlands

Absolutely no regrets!

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

The car has the best possible design for a modern muscle car with many retro styling cues.

The power and torque of this car are amazing.

Handling is better at higher speeds, while it's easy to break tire grip at low speed.

Rear seats are not for people taller than 175 cm.

Running costs are high (fuel, insurance, etc.).

Review Date: 1st February, 2006

1st Feb 2006, 16:11

Solid rear axle is the cause of low speed handling issues as well as handling bumps in corners. As for insurance and fuel, that's a given with this type of car lol. I love the new style mustangs, look like the 60's and early 70's mustangs.

2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 liter V8 from North America

Best "bang for the buck" performance out there!

Nothing yet... only comment is on the leather seating surface of the driver seat. It seems to be "crinkling" on the edges to an excessive degree.. might just be the way the leather is starting to break in though.

General Comments:

I Love the performance of this car! My previous car was a late 90's Z28 Camaro with the 345 HP motor. This GT feels every bit as quick, rides nicer and handles about as well.

There have been some complaints on the manuals "whining" and "clunking", but that is par for the course with limited slip "lockers" in the rear-end. The throw-out bearing does seem a little loud, but I like the "muscle car" mechanical sounds as it adds to the whole experience.

I can tell you... NO WHERE are you going to find better performance for the buck than this car. It runs right with or beats cars that are twice or even three times the money.

Review Date: 6th December, 2005

22nd Aug 2006, 22:00

I beg to differ with the comment that you cannot get more performance for the money. If you calculate it on a dollar to horsepower ratio, the 400 hp GTO is a much better value; plus it's not a Ford!

30th Aug 2006, 14:15

I agree with the previous comment. While the Mustang GT is a much better value than German and Japanese models, it doesn't match GM in value and performance.

2005 Ford Mustang GT V8 from North America

Ford's management dropped the ball on the clutch, transmission and throughout bearing setup

Clutch, transmission and throughout bearing.

General Comments:

I love the looks of my 2005 Mustang GT Convertible and the fit and finish seems reasonable. However, the clutch, throughout bearing and transmission are junk. Wines, groans, clunks and notches are the order of the day. The car is not fun to drive and I avoid it after only 1,200 miles.

Review Date: 30th November, 2005

22nd Jan 2006, 23:32

Typical dealer service department response. It's never sub par parts or quality control, but rather the customers fault.I'm sure this owner paid well into the mid $30k's for this new convertible pony. I'm sure it's not getting ragged out by some kid. Same old dealer company line! Funny how the line never changes over the years.

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.0 Liter V6 from North America

A real head-turner with gobs and gobs of fun!

No problems as of yet.

General Comments:

First, let me say that I have been a Mustang fanatic all of my life owning several throughout the years. Taking a break in 1984, that particular Mustang was the last year I had owned until now. I was just not impressed with the old Fox (Fairmont) chassis and like others, I too felt the Mustang was long overdue for a total make-over from the ground up. The 1967 Fastback that I owned had always been my favorite year until now...

Although this car may look like your father's Mustang, believe me, it isn't!

(After all, I should know...)

I have the 4.0 liter V-6 and for a V-6, this engine has gobs of torque. You can feel the Gs if you put the "pedal to the metal". The V-8 obviously is going to have more power and torque, but the gas crunch (and higher price) kept me from going that route. Being used to the V-8 rumble-rumble, the sound this V-6 makes took me a while to get used to. I don't know quite how to describe it accept that it's very different from every other V-6 that I have heard before.

In my opinion, this automatic transmission is the best that Ford has built to date. Shift changes occur at just the right RPM no matter what your driving agenda is at any given moment.

This car has the "Pony Package" which includes ABS and traction control. The handling and braking is a dream.

With the 17" wheels and tires, the ride can be quite choppy on the bumps, but the fun-factor makes up for this. I love the factory Mag wheels with the 3 spoke spinners in the center.

The interior has leather seats which I like. I also like the nostalgic look of the dash, but I wish Ford would have used a little less plastic as it looks a tad cheapish.

Review Date: 10th September, 2005

28th Oct 2005, 09:34

You should have stuck with the Fox body until the late 80's/ early 90's when they had the fuel injection and the suspensions were better. They were a blast to drive, cheap to maintain and great on gas. I averaged easily 25 mpg on both of mine and sometimes around 27-28 mpg on long trips. I see people complaining about the mileage on the '05's, but it seems like the V-6 is only besting the V-8 by 2 or 3 mpg which isn't enough for me to warrant NOT having the V-8. If it were 7-8 mpg I could understand, but for the fun factor alone it would be worth the small sacrifice in economy. I guess I don't get why you'd buy a sports car and be worried about a couple mpg. Besides, if you can afford the mark-up on these first year new Mustangs you should not be worried about a little extra gas money.