2005 Ford Mustang V6: 4.0 High performance 4.0 from North America

Summary:

GET IT, it will be worth it

Well the thing that is crappy is the customer service that ford provides. They are and always be the worst service provider.

General Comments:

Now the mustang is another thing. if you can upgrade a v6 with about 1 thousand dollars with performance parts such as cat back exhaust, a performance tuner, the cold air intake kit and a throttle body spacer, you could probably push about 260-280 horsepower which isn't that bad. I love my mustang because it's just out there and I get noticed every time someone looks at my car, its torch red with black strips going all the way threw the front bumper to the rear bumper. And just today I installed my Boy Racer Spoiler which is 7inch off the trunk lid. I was glad to buy a mustang, as soon as I get the money I hope to get a turbo kit on it.

Review Date: 27th January, 2008

2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 4.6L V8 from North America

Summary:

I can't wait to get rid of mine!

Electrical problems including top not going back up, A/C malfunctioning, vibration at speeds above 60-70mph, engine misfiring, poor shifting, severe tint scratching due to poorly designed window seals... probably more, but I am tired of listing them!

General Comments:

Fast and raw. Retro looks, retro build quality (read: poor).

Uncomfortable ride due to live axle. Noisy with top up.

Gas mileage reasonable for engine output.

Disappointing service from Ford dealerships.

Fun to drive in a straight line - V8 sounds great.

Archaic suspension setup is allergic to corners.

Very cheap plastic interior - lots of hard surfaces.

Review Date: 1st March, 2007

2nd Mar 2007, 07:30

"I can't wait to get rid of mine!"

- Park it & leave the keys in the ignition. A car thief will be glad to help you out then.

3rd Apr 2007, 15:45

Once again someone bought a new car without looking at or driving it. All of your complaints, other than service problems from the dealer, should have been noticed during the first drive and inspection of the car. As far as service goes, there is a major problem in the auto industry across the board in that area so you'll find every brand owner with a bad service story. When you spend $30+K on a car you'd think a little more research and effort would be put into the purchase, but I have read too many reviews of people that complain about issues that should easily be noticed in the first impression of the car.

10th Apr 2007, 20:16

I'm VERY impressed with the new Mustang. Having owned a '66, '76, '81, '85, '89 and '96, I find the new one to be the best yet. As for the interior having lots of "hard surfaces", that is part of the retro design, and very appropriate. It's part of what I liked about the car. If I get one of the newer ones it will definitely be a V-6, as my experience has been that the 6's are far more reliable than the 8's. I also feel the 6 offers plenty of power for any driving situation.

11th Apr 2007, 11:48

A good thief won't go near a Ford.

14th Apr 2007, 14:09

FINALLY! Someone with the same problem! I have vibrating too right at 70mph! It is your drive train, but don't waste your time replacing it, because it will just do it again!!! The window tint scratches, OMG I paid 130 to have mine tinted, and one week later the tint is getting deep lines in it, and they tell me they can't fix it!! So I guess I'm just suppose to drive around with just the back tinted!!! The plastic inside, hey it's a mid 20's vehicle, not a Beamer. It's part of the style.

28th Aug 2010, 21:40

Vibration are caused my improper wheel balance. There are only a few drive train issues that cause a vibration i.e. universal joints, bent axles etc... Have your wheels checked.

29th Aug 2010, 09:46

What is the big attraction to tinting the windows? Just wear sunglasses; it's cheaper!