1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 from North America

Summary:

This is a worry free beauty

Starter gave out about 89,000 miles.

Power windows hard to operate in cold weather.

Power door lock on passenger front intermittently fails.

Transmission recently starting to shift hard.

Tail lights do not last more than a year.

In gear, at a stop light, the car vibrates (always has).

Right strut is very noisy turning at a stop when the weather is cold.

Key-less entry will not function.

General Comments:

Off the line, it is slow, but once this car gets up to speed, it accelerates nicely. On the highway is when it really shows it's true power. Passing is never a problem.

As with most Taurus, the transmission is unpredictable. The other problems I have had were easy to fix, both expense wise and mechanically.

I cannot say enough good things about the interior comfort. While it has power everything, it is not flashy, giving the inside a "stealth" quality.

The key-less entry? I know not what is the problem, as I bought the car used and the key-less entry has never worked, I believe it was rigged by previous owner. Of course once rigged, nothing on any car is quite right again.

I am afraid to say that the whole time I owned this car, the transmission was a concern, but other than that, it is a beautiful car, and you just don't have to worry, The engine has never missed a beat.

Review Date: 9th February, 2004

19th Apr 2004, 09:41

I have had some of the same problems with my 95'...my key less entry stopped as well, and I did nothing to it. I'm not sure what is wrong, but it's probably not worth fixing.

1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.8L V6 from North America

Summary:

Comfortable, but unreliable

The problem was with the transmission. The factory installed the wrong torque converter and it began to cause problems with shifting.

General Comments:

Loved the way the car handled and the pick-up the engine had.

It was a little hard to handle if you hydroplaned.

The ride was also very comfortable and the cabin was roomy.

Review Date: 6th February, 2004

1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.0L from North America

Summary:

A high maintenance, comfortable sedan

I'm going to base my problems on my '93 and the'95 model, which I still own to this date. Most of the problems are in accordance my '93.

I had to replace the rear left and right rotors because they were warped.

I had to replace both brake-flex lines in the rear.

I had to replace the transmission in my '93 at 303,000 kilometers, which I guess is expected.

Replaced the whole air-conditioning system (Big bucks).

Replaced both shocks and springs in the back on either side.

Just recently replaced the starter in the '95.

Replaced the radiator along with the hoses and water pump.

My speedometer cable is busted in my '95 but I'm not that concerned.

Repeatedly had to replace the alternator brushes, then eventually the whole assembly.

Wiper control.

Windshield.

I could probably go on and on...

General Comments:

I have done all my own maintenance on both of my Taurus's, this is a very cost effective way to save money.

The engine bay is very maintenance friendly, and it's easy to access all components that need replacing.

Other than related components in the engine. The 3.0L is the more reliable power plant than the 3.8L.

When in good operating condition, the Taurus is plenty powerful and worth a road trip to Nova Scotia, then back to Ontario.

Review Date: 6th December, 2003

1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 from North America

Summary:

A fast ride with the most powerful engine you could buy for 10 bucks

I had to replace the belt tensioner, but everything else works great.

My dog pooped on the carpet 8 times and it kind of smells, but speed makes up for the smell.

General Comments:

This is a sweet fast ride with a 3.0 that kicks. Throw in a supercharger and you got a Pinto.

If you like Porsche this is the car to go with. For 2500 dollars you can own a racing machine with pure muscle in a roaring 6 Cylinder.

The leather interior with integrated DVD system is great.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2003

2nd Dec 2003, 22:21

You've put less than 500 miles on it and the dog has already pooped in it 8 times? Maybe your driving makes him nervous?

3rd Dec 2003, 10:10

Hard to believe this "review" got approved. The writer seems to be incapable of expressing himself clearly, maybe he was overcome by dog poop fumes.

3rd Mar 2005, 18:44

This review is rather odd I must say.

1st Nov 2012, 13:38

If I "like Porsche" then I think I would get one, not an old Taurus.