1995 Ford Taurus Reviews - Page 17 of 17

1995 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 from North America

First year of ownership1997
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Safe, well built car with good performance

Tie rod end at 50,000 miles.

General Comments:

Reliable. Well built car family car. It gets the job done and then some. So far no problems. Excellent car for all season driving. ABS brakes the best I have seen. This is a car I feel safe having my family in. My prior auto was 88 Ford Taurus and it now has a 178k on it and no major problems along the way. You definitely get your money's worth from the Taurus.

Review Date: 6th July, 2000

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon 3.8 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2000

Summary:

A money pit

Radiator, 3 head gaskets, brakes go constantly, rear window motors keep dying.

General Comments:

This car is a heap of junk for a car with only 46k on it. Every time I get it fixed, I get a letter about recalls. The only thing I am happy about is the fact we got the 5 year warranty on it. Too bad the dealerships can't fix it and keep it fixed.

Review Date: 6th July, 2000

25th Nov 2000, 21:36

As an owner of a 1995 Ford Taurus GL Wagon I have to disagree with this review. I currently have 128,000 miles of trouble-free driving. No major components have gone. The windows work, the transmission is still good and the engine is very reliable.

I've been very pleased with the car and the dealer service. I have the 3.0L engine. Although not the quickest acceleration it's been adequate for me. Maybe you just drive too hard.

Joe

1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.0L from North America

First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 3.0L Automatic

Summary:

Excellent family car

Brake pedal switch that allows the transmission to be put into gear went bad. I was still able to put into gear but not very easily. Dealer replaced the switch.

Reviewed previous owner's maintenance record and did not see any major repairs done. Still has original transmission.

General Comments:

For the size of the car, it has plenty of power and gets good gas mileage. It's very comfortable and roomy.

Review Date: 31st May, 2000

1995 Ford Taurus GL Wagon 3.8 V6 from North America

First year of ownership1997
Engine and transmission 3.8 V6 Automatic
Previous carFord 1989 Taurus GL Wagon

Summary:

Five star ride! - Performance, economy, style, reliability, capability

Nothing really, other than basic routine maintenance. I did have a problem with the power windows, locks, & cruise control, but that was due to two blown fuses (fixed within minutes). Also, the latch on the fuel door broke (so what).

All in all, quite amazing considering it's driven hard sometimes (Maintenance always PAYS OFF !!!)

General Comments:

I love this car! - It has always been there for me. She always starts the first time, never hesitates or lags, accelerates VERY quickly, both in the city and on the highway (passes VERY well). Very little road noise, even at high speeds (80+).

Sound system is powerful and very lifelike, very efficient, even when "peggin' the pedal" (350-400+ miles per tank) Seats are VERY comfortable, controls are easy to use and well placed. The coin tray is perfect and handy, but the CUP HOLDERS ARE HORRIBLE!!! (well, I guess something has to be less than perfect, but at least it's something I don't care about, or use anymore).

Tight steering & firm suspension make driving this car even more fun. I have only needed AAA service once... When I locked my keys in... Wish my memory was as reliable as my car.. I recommend this car for anyone looking for performance, reliability, low maintenance/costs, and great flexibility. My only complaint is the incompetent, irresponsible dealership (service dept.) which I purchased it from.

Review Date: 24th April, 2000

Speedometer (twice).

Motor Mounts.

Brakes (warped rotors).

Transmission (rebuilt).

PFE Sensor (emissions related?)

Idle Air Motor.

General Comments:

Purchased car used with 13,000 miles on it. I drive mostly highway miles, very little stop and go traffic. It now has 29,000 miles and will be out of warranty next week. My next car won't be a Ford.

Review Date: 16th June, 1998

1st Nov 2011, 12:13

The SHO was a blast. I had one for a company car, and turned it in with 100,000 miles on it. I loved mine, but only had it a few years. I then went to Crown Vics as company cars; very comfortable, but not as much fun to drive.