2004 Ford Taurus Reviews - Page 2 of 5

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 3.0 duratec from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 duratec Automatic
Previous carSubaru Outback

Summary:

Love it

No major problems at all.

Gear shift knob is a little loose, and does not look like an easy fix.

This car rocks! Handles great, great power, good fuel economy, comfortable, reliable, safe and cheap.

Review Date: 7th April, 2008

2004 Ford Taurus SEL GAS 3.0 from North America

Engine and transmission GAS 3.0 Automatic
Most recent distance120000 miles
Previous carFord Focus

Summary:

Good car. Still strong. Still good

Headlights are dull.

Clear coat is starting to peel off the roof.

Trunk will no longer pop up when button pushed.

Sounds like it has an exhaust leak, but it doesn't.

Very low trade in value. We paid $17,000 for this car in 2004 and trading it off for next week for a new Fusion. They are giving up only $2,700.

General Comments:

This has been a great car overall.

The mpg is around 23.6 with half city and half highway.

The car gets 29mpg on a road trip.

Trunk is huge.

Back seat room is huge, front seat is just OK. Front headroom is low and front outter leg room is low.

Seats are very well built.

This car has never broken down or did anything odd from day one.

The car is red with a tan interior that seems to not show dirt.

The Taurus doesn't drive as heavy as it really is. 3,500 lbs, but drives like a 2,600 lb Ford Contour.

The car cuts right through the wind with its great aerodynamics.

I hope that who ever ends up with this car enjoys it and that the car is as good for them as it was for us.

We didn't service the car very well and it still never broke down.

We will miss it, but you have to let things go. I think that it would make it to 200,000 miles with no problems.

We live up a 4-mile dirt road and the car, once on the pavement, still drives like new. No rattles or vibrations. Still very new feeling and smelling.

Review Date: 14th February, 2008

2004 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

All in all a good car for the money

Nothing too big has gone wrong with the car yet. I have just had to replace the rear wheel cylinders because they seized up at 127500 km, it was about a $200 repair. Other than that nothing.

General Comments:

The car has been very good to me since I bought it. It gets me to and from school (about 100km round trip) 4 days a week with no issues. The car gets good gas mileage for a small V6. I get about 575km to a tank. The engine gives you a little attitude when you try and start it in extreme cold. Sometimes it takes two hits with the starter to get it to crank and start. But it starts fine if you use the block heater. The engine seems under powered at times. In first or second gear it takes off like nothing, but as soon as you hit third or fourth acceleration diminishes. This means you have to plan your passes a little more. But for everyday driving it is more than enough.

Heater and air conditioning work great. Seats are comfortable and the interior is well plotted and spaced. I actually find that the interior in my car looks and feels nicer than the one in my dad's car (2007 Ford Fusion). The back seats are spacious and people seem to be comfy back there on long rides. The console shifter makes shifting easy and kinda fun. I do wish that this car had a second gear start option so I wouldn't spin the tires in the snow so much. But the car does have a heavy front end so handling in the snow is good.

The stock sound system is good, but I would like to upgrade it in the future.

I would have to say this is a god car for the money. I hope it lasts me until the end of college, then I'm gonna buy a truck :).

Review Date: 27th January, 2008