2004 Ford Taurus SEL 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Very unreliable new car!! avoid!!

The engine starting knocking at 30,000 miles.

Keep in mind that this is a BRAND NEW CAR. Turns out a "plastic valve" broke inside the engine causing coolant to enter the engine, which basically destroyed it after so long. COME ON FORD!!

Now, after one new engine and 43,000 miles, the transmission is not engaging into the proper gear. If I put the car in reverse-stop-then put the car in drive-it will just sit there and not engage, I have to move the shifter in and out of gear to get it to work. TERRIBLE!!

The CD player no longer reads ANY discs.

Burned out taillight-the car is only 2 years old!!

Cruise control NEVER WORKED from day one. Ford can't figure it out...so much for customer satisfaction.

I gave this car a chance, but after I last had it to the "Ford Store" for a minor problem, they told me that the head-gaskets were leaking, and would only get worse. Of course, this is NOT covered under my warranty anymore... THANKS FOR NOTHING!!

The Ford dealers are also a disgrace to the industry, totally incompetent.

I have since sold the dying Taurus to a young college neighbor as his first car. We shall see how long it will last...

FORD=NEVER AGAIN!!

General Comments:

Complete disgrace of automotive engineering. ford should be ashamed!!

Review Date: 27th March, 2006

27th Mar 2006, 09:11

I hate to agree with you, but my 2002 Explorer will be my last FORD ever. Seeing that GM doesn't offer anything that I like and can afford, and judging by Chrysler's spotty reliability records, I might make the big jump across the pond and buy Japanese unless something favorable happens quality wise within the Big 3.

2004 Ford Taurus SES 24 Valve from North America

Summary:

This is a great, comfortable car

Rear Spindle, Rear Bearing replaced and Alignment performed at 7,000 miles.

Water Leak repaired at 18,000.

Engine Stabilizer Mount replaced at 21,000.

General Comments:

I bought this car new, (with a $4000 rebate). I am overall happy with it. The problems I have had with it were all covered with the warranty. The repairs performed at 7000 miles were most likely due to an accident I was in, and Ford still replaced these for me.

The Taurus is very comfortable and rides smooth.

I have taken it on 3 trips over 500 miles, and it got me threw a 9 hour snow blizzard with no problems. I feel safe in this car.

Review Date: 6th January, 2006

2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Nice Car, Well Style and Performs Well

I bought a Ford CPO (Certified PreOwned) 2004 Taurus SES. Like all things used, they missed some items before final sale.

The low engine oil pressure came on almost from the first day. Dealer checked this and oil pressure OK. I was told OK to drive, but to check each day. 3 weeks later, they get the needed oil sensor, but had to order this, but provide a rental for 3 days during this downtime.

General Comments:

I ask for them to check the front end alignment as it was tracking left in all lanes on the interstate. Checking the records, this CPO did not have a front end alignment before resale? I would think this would be a must!

Now the car almost 4 weeks after delivery is driving and performing as expected. I am getting 25/26 mpg in mixed miles and as high as 31.5 on all I/S driving. The car is off to a reasonable good start.

I bought the extended warranty and this covered all the service done last week including the rental. Nice. I have taken it on one extended trip of 1,000 miles and it performed over and above expectations.

Review Date: 9th May, 2005

2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 Liter from North America

Summary:

Great car for the money

Tires seriously lost their alignment at 24,000 miles, for no obvious reason.

General Comments:

We purchased this car, from the dealership with 13,000 miles and have now placed almost an additional 13,000 miles on it. The SES has impressed me, with its overall performance and handling, along with its leg room as I am 6'6" and have always had to drive trucks to be comfortable.

The dealership has been great; they corrected my alignment problem even though the warranty was out on the front end. Overall my wife and I have really enjoyed this car and I most likely will replace my truck with a ford Taurus.

Review Date: 1st February, 2005

6th Jul 2007, 19:49

I just bought a Taurus and for the money I can't believe all the car you get. The key is to make all American cars like the Taurus, then people wouldn't play on the other team (China).