I bought my Tracker used with relatively low miles - 73k- for $2,250.00. I had to buy a new top ($90.00 on eBay) and spend several hours with rubbing compound to bring back the shine to the paint.
The first week I had it the computer control module failed - I got a replacement (eBay again) for $90.00. Since then (3,000 miles) no problems. I added some 4x6 speakers so the cassette deck now rocks!
Here's my review after 3 months of ownership:
1. This thing is a blast to drive. Living in so. cal. I can pretty much keep the top open all year - love the fresh air and sunshine! While actually pretty slow, it feels fast (like the old British MG's and Austin Healys from the 1950s). I can rip through the 5 speed stick and roar along at 45mph. The steering is quick - turns instantly - strong brakes.
2. Ton's of room inside. I'm 6'2" and I've got plenty of space to stretch out. The seats are very comfortable.
Rear seat folds up - plenty of room for 6 grocery bags.
Tall windshield - panoramic visibility.
3. Park it any place - super short - it fits in spaces that are too small for anything, but a mini.
4. Just OK on gas for such a small car - gets 25 in town, 30 on the highway.
5. While it CAN keep up with freeway traffic, it's a bit buzzy and noisy. It really shines on the local country roads.
6. Parts are cheap if you search the web - local shops will rip you off. Pretty easy to wrench yourself. I've got the older 8 valve motor - things are much easier to get to than the later 16 valve model.
In short, I love my Tracker. I get a lift every time I drive it. Top off, cruising along with Hank Williams (Sr.) blasting on the cassette deck - life doesn't get much better!
I'll never sell this thing!